Skip to content

Looking to do just one through BGEE and SOD. Help!

SpaceHamsterSpaceHamster Member Posts: 14
I have a super busy work schedule and will have time to play just one run that will likely take me a few months. I played a bunch when the game first came out but now it's been over a decade so I can't rely on memory and I dont want to be bummed out by bad decisions half way through my game.

So for players that have played through BGEE to SOD to BG2EE, I need just a few recommendations:

1. Which is the best/most fun class to play for your primary character? Like being able to use items, quests, etc.

2. What NPCs are the most fun to pick up? Side quests, cool items to use that you wont be using on your main, etc.

I'm a bit of a completionist so I'll be doing every quest possible, leave no rock unturned. I'm a big fan of sticking to one party so I'd rather not pick people up just to lose them later (Having characters forced out of my party was a big bummer playing BG2 on my first play through). I prefer playing neutral/good where possible.

Edit: just for example, it sucks making a mace fighter only to find out that all the best weapons are swords, etc. Which is find if you want to play once 'naturally' and then play again to min/max. But I don't have time unfortunately. And I know I could do research but I also want to avoid spoilers.

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited September 2016
    I like a Fighter/Mage to get the most options for gear. Dual wield long swords but pick up a blunt weapon like maces or flails for skeletal types. Using mage spells to add defensive layers like Mirror Image and Stoneskin to the fighter along with magic protections makes them one of the most powerful characters throughout much of the game.

For BG good leaning parties, I would probably end up with Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc, and Dynaheir.
    For SoD, I would have Minsc, Dynaheir, Corwin, Glint, then maybe Voghlin or Rasaad.
    For BG2, Imoen/Yoshimo/Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, Keldorn, Anomen or maybe Aerie.
    Peldin
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Whilst you have said that you want to avoid spoilers, you've also said that you don't want to lose party members in BG2 (which is sort of mutually exclusive), so at the risk of being slightly 'spoilered' you might want to look here to check which companions you can take all the way through the games:

http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Companion
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    the shaman class is far and above the most powerful until Tob