Skip to content

Wilson NPC - Druid content should change things

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
Wouldn't be this very reasonable, that Wilson banter with any druid NPC in the party (Jaheira and Cernd)?
Also, a main character druid should give some bonus (in power and/or history content).

I know that this char is a simple easter egg, most probally based on Okuu from Neverwinter Nights 2, Mask of the Betrayer (now make an one of many, pretty pleeeaasseeeee?!?!?!), but Baeloth also is a easter egg and have some solid content to be explored (specially in Siege of Dragonspear).

If i have to suggest, the druid grove should have an vital role here:

If main char take over Faldorn through the proper rites, saving the grove, some side quests to enhance Wilson could be introduced.
If the main char is druid, some of the stronghold rewards could check if Wilson is in party (or main char could go back to the grove later with Wilson to speak with the spirit of the Grove).

Have Jaheira and/or Cernd could help Wilson skills the same way Minsc learn to control his rashemen rage with Keldorn (rage and w8 the effect pass 3x with keldorn in party, each time will trigger a banter between Minsc and Keldorn and each time Minsc rage will become more and more controlled. After the 3x, Minsc doesn't lose control in rage anymore).

Quests upgrades could become permanent and irremovable items, that would give some background of the quest done in the item description and would state the benefits of that upgrade.

The banter with druids and easter eggs with main char druid are a must have in my viewpoint, the other are suggestions that i would clearly like to see in game.

Obs: If anyone have any interest in possibilities of corrupt wilson by chosing to destroy the grove, that's possible but i will be most than happy just with wat i stated above.
Post edited by kamuizin on

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited September 2016
    The first thing that came into my mind when I thought of Wilson's dialog was the last thing my grandmother told me before she died.
    Rrraaaahhhhuurrrggghhhhh......

I like your idea a lot, much more opportunity for roleplaying for druids and rangers. Probably just not developed more due to time constraints but it would be nice for a mod.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Ideed @mf2112, i forgot about rangers. I believe Rangers don't directly speak with animals as druids do, but commune with them through feelings and pure empathy (if Drizzt's novels are to be taken by the letter).
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Wilson is a nice NPC. Too bad he's on BG2 and doesn't scale power.

If he was in BG1 he would be one of the bests NPCs ever.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I think you are right. It has been a long time since I did PnP where I could use the spell, so I had to look it up. :) A ranger could cast Speak with Animals since the communication is limited by the intelligence of the animal
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    I'd be happy to see some items introduced for Wilson. Maybe they could be custom made for him by a druid or shaman in the grove.