Skip to content

Battle Ashatiel

AeonQuasarAeonQuasar Member Posts: 16
When you battle Ashatiel, she set down some strickt one on one rules. Like do not hide or leave the battlefield. Well I did follow all those rules, but when she was like 1 hp from death, she used the spell "sanctuary" and therefore became untargetable, and then she accused ME of cheating.'

Is this supposed to happen, or is it just a really annoying bug?

Comments

• namarienamarie Member Posts: 52
    Yea she always does that. Apparently using Sanctury/drinking potion of extra healing doesn't count as cheating, but somehow a thief using Invisibility is.

She also relies on a Wand of Frost to deal damage. The first time I battled her I actually tried to defeat her fair and square and once I found out that she was just another hypocrite I basically lost all my respect towards her and started pulling out all sorts of cheesy tricks
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited September 2016

When you battle Ashatiel, she set down some strickt one on one rules. Like do not hide or leave the battlefield. Well I did follow all those rules, but when she was like 1 hp from death, she used the spell "sanctuary" and therefore became untargetable, and then she accused ME of cheating.'

Are you sure you did not use any invisibility effect or a Sanctuary of your own, and stayed in her line of sight? She only calls cheating if she can't see PC for three rounds in a row, or if she takes damage from other party members (though it shouldn't normally be possible).

PS Or did you blind her? Now that I think of it, her script doesn't account for being blinded or otherwise having line of sight reduced (yep, this oversight is actually a bug, albeit small one).
    namarie said:

just another hypocrite

Strictly speaking, as a player you can still see her through Sanctuary, it's just your character who can't :)
  • namarienamarie Member Posts: 52
    edited September 2016
    I'm pretty sure Sanctuary doesn't confer invisibility to begin with. I didn't know it would actually take 3 rounds before she would call you out since I never tried turning invisible in that duel; however when she made the rules my first thought was "wow thank goodness I'm not playing a Shadowdancer". I guess what really irritated me was how she would set up rules that could potentially nullify her opponent's most effective strategem (it's also conveniently one that doesn't really synergize with her combat style) while having no qualms about using an extremely similar tactic

Recall what she said before the duel - "no disappearing from sight like a coward", yeah, because using Greater Invisibility to buy some time so that you can buff yourself is cowardly and somehow Sanctuary + healing/buffing is not...
  • NightingaleNightingale Member Posts: 61
    edited September 2016
    namarie said:

Yea she always does that. Apparently using Sanctury/drinking potion of extra healing doesn't count as cheating, but somehow a thief using Invisibility is.

She also relies on a Wand of Frost to deal damage. The first time I battled her I actually tried to defeat her fair and square and once I found out that she was just another hypocrite I basically lost all my respect towards her and started pulling out all sorts of cheesy tricks

Yeah, that was my main issue with her too. First of all, it's very easy to accidentally trigger her cheater accusations, as the rest of your party is still on the field and can engage her or other crusaders if your not careful to shut off the AI and move your allies away from the fighting at the gates. Then, after finally wearing her down to 1 HP (with my dart-throwing Bard no less), she panics and all of a sudden, using Sanctuary to heal yourself without consequence is a TOTALLY acceptable strategy.

Honorable dual... Yeah right.
    Post edited by Nightingale on