Skip to content

How do I import portraits

In the original game I used portraits from the "ultimate portrait pack" - they don't work in the EE even though they are slightly smaller than allowed and 24 bit bmp files. I tried the "supreme ultimate portrait pack" specifically touted as for the EE, still no luck. Anyone else having problems importing portraits? All customer support would say is post it on the forums. I originally posted this in troubleshooting, but got no responses.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    in the newer versions of the EE's ( 2.x +) there is no longer a "custom" option for custom portraits, what you have to do is press the back tab ( or forward tab enough times) and it will eventually scroll over to your new portraits, have you tried that yet?
  • DandDforeverDandDforever Member Posts: 9
    Yes, when I hit customize and then appearance, all I get is the standard portraits that come with the game. I tab all the way through and they start over again with no sign of the imported portraits.
    where did you put the portraits folder, and what did you call it?

also, are any of them appearing blank? ( ex: some of my custom portraits don't show up in game, so instead of showing themselves when I scroll through the portrait list, there is just a blank there instead)
    I put the portraits folder in the Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition folder - It shows up just below the data folder and just above the shortcut
    The BG2 folder in in the Program Files (x86) folder
    if you are running windows ( which assume you are based on the x86) copy and paste that folder in your My Documents\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition folder

inside there you will see the baldur LUA file and possibly you will see a "characters" folder and a "save" folder ( if you have any saved games)

this is where I have my "portraits" folder ( no capitals in the wording) and my custom portraits work just fine
    JuliusBorisov
    Thank you - this works perfectly
    sarevok57JuliusBorisov
    right on, glad I was able to help :)
    Mr2150JuliusBorisov