Skip to content

Kensai or Monk? - from returning player

2»

Comments

• DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    edited September 2016
    You just need to decide, that you only need to play the core, pure bg1 and finish when beat armored figure without Tosc content, and without siege of dragonspear. I only do this when i play too much bg1, and want to play bg2 but i need tomes :smile:
    If you never played siege, its great for at least one time, so try it, great content.
    Edit: and try wizard slayer with rebalance mod, its one of my favourite.
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    @alceryes where did you get that super cool ui?
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    Saradas said:

@alceryes where did you get that super cool ui?

Siege of Dragonspear :)
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited September 2016
    I didn't really enjoy a vanilla monk through previous game I had(pre EE) I managed well enough..but he was mostly a spectator while every other party member ended up having all the fun.

It was boring until I got to BG2.

With the new kits I imagine it's a lot more fun.

Honestly though I think Sarevok smash your pc in a fist fight with low-mid level monks^^
    He would just laugh, throw away his sword and take his sweet time.
  • Danacm said:

You just need to decide, that you only need to play the core, pure bg1 and finish when beat armored figure without Tosc content, and without siege of dragonspear. I only do this when i play too much bg1, and want to play bg2 but i need tomes :smile:
    If you never played siege, its great for at least one time, so try it, great content.
    Edit: and try wizard slayer with rebalance mod, its one of my favourite.

How does transition from Siege to BG2 feels like? does it feel natural from story perspective?
    Could you tell me more about why wizard slayer is such fun?
    batoor said:

I didn't really enjoy a vanilla monk through previous game I had(pre EE) I managed well enough..but he was mostly a spectator while every other party member ended up having all the fun.

It was boring until I got to BG2.

With the new kits I imagine it's a lot more fun.

Honestly though I think Sarevok smash your pc in a fist fight with low-mid level monks^^
    He would just laugh, throw away his sword and take his sweet time.

Well, my initial reasoning behind picking monk was to have a fighter with some kind of spin, without picking actually fighter class. some people wrote on forum that fighters are bland. but i don't, maybe i should just pick pure fighter or wizard slayer...
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I found Wizard Slayer fairly enjoyable to play, especially after I got that Wizard Slayer Rebalancing mod.

And viva la pure class fighter!
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    edited September 2016
    @SleepingSamurai siege tries to fill the gaps, and nice the arc of the story, but in depth is sketchy, too fast and rigid storytelling, but one time is worth to play it. But after all i think the main story, defeat sarevok is still enough for bg2. And the best game is bg2 from all the saga.
    I play a lots of with bg1 because of restartitis, mainly with fighters. I think a pure fighter is so much fun, you need to care gear for situations, you must create tactic against mages and other stronger enemies. Some players bores about fighter types and monks because of lack of diversity of tactics. But it tends to you. Wizard slayer is fun because you can suck mages with darts very fast, and whirlwind later on, but a challenge because the lack of defensive items.

In strategy wise the fighters strong point is unlimited attacking resource, mediocrate defensive capabilities, and high hit points. The weak point is mental defense and other spell defenses. I used to play minimal rest as challenge and no reloads solo play in bg1 with fighter, berserker, wizard slayer, archer, stalker, blackguard, monk. Not fighter types: shapeshifter, priest of helm.
    Post edited by Danacm on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Siege totally does not get enough credit.