Skip to content

Backstabbing Questions

NemNem Member Posts: 51
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Can anyone tell me if dual-wielding, or using an item which grants you an extra attack (such as Belm in BG:2) enables you to backstab more than once before stealth breaks? Or are you restricted to one backstab regardless?

Thanks!

Comments

• SharnSharn Member Posts: 188
    You never get more then one back stab unless you can get into hiding again, which there are a lot of ways to do.

When they release BG2 I think there was a high level ability that let you back stab for every attack for a full round.
  • NemNem Member Posts: 51
    @Sharn
    Yes I thought as much. I had read a guide on GameFAQs that mentioned the scimitar Belm would provide you with 2 backstabs in the round and I thought that was a mistake. It had me wondering then though, if it were true, and if dual-wielding would also offer the same benefit.

Thanks!
  • RadhamanthysRadhamanthys Member Posts: 106
    Le t me throw another question about backstab.
    With what weapons can a Fighter/Thief backstab? Is it only with swords or can other weapon types also be used?
  • NemNem Member Posts: 51

Le t me throw another question about backstab.
    With what weapons can a Fighter/Thief backstab? Is it only with swords or can other weapon types also be used?

I do believe they can backstab with any melee weapon a thief could normally use. This includes clubs and quarterstaffs, but would exclude 2-handed swords.

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @Nem is correct.
  • SuiboonSuiboon Member Posts: 86
    @Radhamanthys The weapons that a single class thief can use.
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    Also no matter how many attacks per round you have (can I request someone verify this?) I'm 60% sure the offhand is always last - so even hasted with 8 attacks, it would be 7 main hand, then the off-hand. Worth remembering if you want to start a round with a weapon that has a specific main hand enchantment (like fire to a troll) because you might get the off hand when the round starts (which migh be enchanted with ice).

So essentially your attacks cycle, and in the above situation you might have only performed 7 attacks during the last battle.