Skip to content

Druid shapeshifting APR

Is there anything that affects a shapeshifted druid's attack per round other than haste? I like the idea of the mighty demons and dragons being pummeled by a mob of angry elementals druids but can't find a way to boost their low apr. Items don't seem to work.

Comments

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Reckless Ring should definitely work?
    Valiant Scimitar (+1 attack) might work if put in the offhand.
  • acolyteacolyte Member Posts: 36
    I'd tried both and neither worked unfortunately. I can understand the scimitar from an RP perspective, but not the ring. Because my +1 strength ring was working. Really sucks. Was hoping to make a "zoo party" where only a single person is in human form (the zookeeper) and everyone else (druids) is never human past level 5.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Last I checked, Dispel Magic in IWD:EE still removed the magical weapon created by shapeshifting. This would allow you to equip Valiant or dual-wield and gain extra attacks. The Ring of Reckless Action likely still would not work.

Fighter levels and haste would also work. Failing that, you can cast Righteous Wrath of the Faithful, which grants an extra 1 attack per round to friendly characters that share the same alignment as the caster (so your cleric would need to have a True Neutral alignment).
    Maybe try reequipping the ring while shape changed?

RWotF won't stack with haste I'm pretty sure.

The dispel magic trick is a winner but you lose all your other buffs then.
    semiticgoddess
    Another option is to fudge it a little.
    Try combining some or all of these options:
    - increase difficulty to insane for 2*xp
    - Remove double damage on insane due to the low AC of shapechanges
    - Play with 3 or 4 characters to level them up faster
    - Use a combination of druids, sorcerers and Mage/Clerics as Polymorph Self and Shapechange are as good or better than Druid Shapechange (due to the ability to use metamagics)

Maybe a good party would be something like:
    - Main character (maybe a Skald?)
    - Werewolf Druid
    - Avenger
    - Illusionist (or Mage)/Cleric
    - Dragon Disciple
    - Mage (or Illusionist)/Thief

It'll take a while to get the second Polymorph Self scroll but it should be pretty fun once it gets going. Combining Skald Song, Emotions: Hope and Courage will see your spider formed characters doing excellent damage.

Minor Sequencer: Ghoul Touch and Sequencer: Melfs Minute Meteors will remove the animal weapon and let you boost up your APR without losing buffs. Strength buffs are another good strategy to get decent damage output.
  • acolyteacolyte Member Posts: 36
    Thanks semitic and Wowo for the interesting suggestions. I can't seem to dispel magic the shapeshifted weapons though. Perhaps it's been patched.

The sequencer idea sounds like a lot of fun.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.