Skip to content

Sprites won't show unless highlighted

Hi, I really need some help here. In Baldurs Gate EE I have this problem where it doesn't show my sprites at all unless they're highlighted. I fixed it temporarily by changing the sprite mirroring setting to '1' and it worked for a while. Then I got stuck in Durlags Tower and resorted to editing in a debug mode line in my ini file. Now my sprites are gone again no matter what I do with the sprite mirroring setting, and even if I delete the debug line. How can I fix this? My drivers are up to date. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited September 2016
    What version of the game is this for, an INI file would be for v1.3 or earlier.

Later versions (2.*) use a LUA file instead, and can be switched to DirectX as below to see if it helps.
    SetPrivateProfileString('Graphics','Backend','1')

Please attach a directX diagnostic summary if this is for Windows.
    (Windows/R, type dxdiag, click OK. Let it run, click save all information. Save the file and attach here)
  • NarusephNaruseph Member Posts: 3
    Yeah the game crashes instantly on startup if I switch backend graphics on. I will check these things, sorry for the lack of information in the initial post. I'm running an old windows rig with Windows Vista (unfortunately). I'll check my directX version and try again and get back to you asap. Thank you for responding. I'm really bummed. I feel like Durag is punishing me for cheating. Lol
  • NarusephNaruseph Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2016
    Okay here is the dxdiag info. Seems im using DX10. I appreciate the help.

Game version is 2.0.62.2
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited September 2016
    Thanks

I would start with directX. Many games require features from directX 9.0c which can be installed alongside directX 10. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Hard to tell if you have the latest/last available graphics driver. These links show a version of 10.2 assuming I have the correct card. You could try the automatic detection to make sure.

The game will create a new LUA file if you rename the original one, that may allow you to change the sprite setting once more (and if it doesn't work you can always rename the current one back to reactivate it).