Skip to content

Mayor of Nashkel: He's There, But Won't Shut Up About His Crown

Finished clearing the mines, and am back to chat with the mayor. He appears (I know that's an issue), but when I click on him, I get a window that pops up with the stats of a crown that adds spell slots. I can't close it, and end up having to reset. So I can't clear the quest without talking to him, but can't talk to him without this weirdness basically freezing the game.

Running Unfinished Business, and an Archer class mod, but that's it.

Thanks for any tips!

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    It sounds like a mod conflict to me.
  • fishhead202fishhead202 Member Posts: 25

It sounds like a mod conflict to me.

Well shoot. There's no way to remove a mod, get past this, then re-install it?

Would hate to have to start over because of this :(
    You might try to uninstall the mods one at a time and see if that changes anything
    JuliusBorisov
    @JuliusBorisov may be more knowledgeable about this than me.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited September 2016
    Maybe you can CluaConsole the end if the quest, but this kind if bug will probably keep happening.

Just an idea, I'm not one of those CC magicians and I'm not the sharpest tool in the box when we are talking about EEKeeper or Near Infinity.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Definitely a mod issue. You can uninstall the mods one at a time in reverse order and try it in between each, sometimes you can get lucky and avoid restarting.
    JuliusBorisov
    OK, I'll keep messing around with it. My guess is that it's the archer mod. So many people use unfinished business that I'd be surprised it was having this issue.

Thanks!

Actually, I'm playing through steam, so I think I can uninstall/reinstall and my saves will still be there, but mod-less.

Thanks again!
    I didn't. I'm reading up on it now, but I'm not sure what it does...... just makes a backup?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

I didn't. I'm reading up on it now, but I'm not sure what it does...... just makes a backup?

If you are playing BGEE with Siege fo Dragonspear installed (and it was bought through GoG or Steam that is) you need to use that tool. Otherwise mods won't work correctly.
    JuliusBorisov
    If you are playing BGEE with Siege fo Dragonspear installed (and it was bought through GoG or Steam that is) you need to use that tool. Otherwise mods won't work correctly.

Oh, well, that would explain it. Re-installing everything now and will use modmerge!

Thanks all!

Is there no Win64 version?
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited September 2016
    Win32 executables should all run under 64 bit Windows in the Win32 subsystem. Are you getting an error? By the way, tons of Microsoft's own stuff is not fully 64 bit yet. :)
    Post edited by mf2112 on
    JuliusBorisov
    Working on it now. I downloaded the 32 version and am re-installing on steam. Didn't realize it didn't delete the mods files when it deleted local content.
    mf2112
    Looks like it's working! Thank you!
    mf2112ThacoBellJuliusBorisov