Skip to content

2.0 Custom Portraits Issue

BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
They changed something with the 2.0 patch regarding custom portraits. I had large, medium, and small versions created and saved, all of which still work. The only issue is that when I scroll through the custom portraits there is a blurry version right next to my good versions. It's a small thing, but still I'd like to fix it. Anyone know what's causing it? My theory is the new patch only requires two sizes and the third is being mislabeled as an extra portrait that's too small.

Comments

• DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    The new one only requires one portrait, and the game scales it. If you want to chnge the small portrait, i think you need to use ee keeper or near infinity to edit your save.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    @Danacm , that's not exactly right.

The game no longer uses the small (*S.bmp) versions of the portraits, it only needs the large, but it will use the medium if it exists. If you have a pair with the same name except for the last letter, like MFightrL.bmp and MFightrM.bmp, when you pick the large portrait, the medium portrait will be used on the sidebar.

For example:

You can also register your portraits so they show up as male or female in the portrait picker as described here: M*.lua files
    I've written a Powershell script to do the work for you if you use a consistent naming scheme: Portraits utility

In case you're interested, I've also made a mod to display 10 portraits at a time instead of one in the Appearance menu: Multi-portrait mod
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    @BillyYank thanks for correcting misinfornation i had.