Skip to content

Windows Update has wrecked EE keeper.

Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
Until I did a windows update last night EE Keeper was working fine. Now it doesn't know where to find the cre files.

I was able to guide it to the particular file that I wanted which was in the over-ride folder, but not all of the cre files are in there. Does anyone know offhand how to correct this? I think that given time I might be able to work it out for myself, but I suspect that I won't be the only one affected as it has messed up several settings on my computer.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I haven't seen any problems and I'm on the Windows 10 Insider Preview. Is it only CRE files and are you using the most up to date version of Keeper?
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited September 2016
    Cre files were the only problem. Save files OK. I was not using the most up to date EE keeper, so I uploaded it to see if that solves the problem.

EDIT

It does. Probably a re-installation of the previous one would have worked as well. The new version is MUCH faster. Glad that I downloaded it. :) Of course, it could have been the Windows Update that speeded things up.
    It was a far more than cosmetic update. Major changes to my start menu!
    sarevok57Troodon80JuliusBorisov
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Wise_Grimwald,

Of course, it could have been the Windows Update that speeded things up.

That was part of the update from 3.3. As of 3.4 a few months ago, Keeper loads the resources in a different way. Part of that also means you no longer need to select a language, it defaults to English if one is not selected.

It was a far more than cosmetic update. Major changes to my start menu!

That's only the case if you download the executable setup. The zip archive just contains the loose files that you can extract anywhere.
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov