Skip to content

Diviner Playthrough

JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
I'm contemplating yet another new character to play through the series with, this time an Elf. I have no idea why, I almost avoid elvish characters religiously. Guess just something decided to click. At that not, I almost instantly decided my elf would be a Wizard, and am seriously considering making him a Diviner, rather than an Enchanter.

Has anyone gone through the series as a Diviner? Do you miss Conjuration spells that much? Anything in particular I should know about playing a Diviner over, say, just about any other specialization?

Comments

• JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Finally getting around to doing this Diviner playthrough, so far the only thing that I've felt like I've missed is choosing Find Familiar at the start, but I'm not doing too bad. Plus Wizards are already amazingly powerful characters, having the handicap of no Conjuration will help prevent me from feeling ridiculously overpowered.

Though I wonder why the game loves giving me AMAZING rolls for my Wizards. My Necromancer has a 99, thanks to an autoroller and an interesting TV show. My Diviner has a 98, and that was just a few clicks away, no autoroller needed.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    damn a 98? I've made THOUSANDS of characters over almost 20 years and the highest I've ever rolled was a 97, I still have that screen shot buried somewhere in my vanilla bg1 screenshot folder
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    sarevok57 said:

damn a 98? I've made THOUSANDS of characters over almost 20 years and the highest I've ever rolled was a 97, I still have that screen shot buried somewhere in my vanilla bg1 screenshot folder

Try rolling up more Paladins or Rangers, those get high stat rolls more easily. I don't think I've beaten 99 or so myself, though.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I actually just recently made a paladin, and got a 96 then accidently pressed the reroll button,

ah I love doing that

luckily I got a 92 or 93 a few minutes afterwards and that was enough for a secondary character