Skip to content

Hard mode - Basilisks and other xp-rich foes.

yksimaltyksimalt Member Posts: 115
So...

Trying out Hard mode Multiplayer for the first time.

Plan is to hit Basilisks and Sirenes to level up our group a bit in an attempt to raise the average life-expectancy of our adventurers.

In Hard mode, the description says that foes will be more numerous and do more damage.

Should we expect more Basilisks and Sirenes (thus also allowing more xp-gain)?

/A.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    There will be more enemies on Hard in Siege of Dragonspear (as the correlation between amount of enemies and the difficulty level is one of the SoD features, an upgrade on existing engine). As for Basilisks and Sirenes in BGEE, no, the Hard difficulty won't affect their amount.
  • yksimaltyksimalt Member Posts: 115
    Thank you for the clear answer.

/A.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I don't necessarily think you need to go off and grind big XP baddies right away to add to survivability, if you are really worried about survival I would suggest someone make a half-orc berserker using a shield

then in the map where you meet elminster for the first time
    there is a ring of protection +1 inside the middle of a big rock ( kind of northeast a little bit from your start location, use the tab key to help find it)

and then run to nashkeil and pick up a specific item to really make the AC nice
    in the bottom left side of the map inside the plowed fields there is a mini Christmas type tree I believe and if you press the tab key, there will be a little high lighted hole, where there is a free suit of ankheg platemail

so with all those items, and with the berserk ability, and with 19 str, 18 dex, 19 con, you will have a melee chum that will help your party survive quite well

but to each there own I guess, I suppose there is nothing wrong with cranking your level at the beginning if you really wish to

personally I love being low level taking on high level stuff, ya know, just for the lulz :)
  • yksimaltyksimalt Member Posts: 115
    Well, our group has a different roleplay plot set out for Gorion's ward, where CHARNAME sends for his friends to meet him in Beregost.

His friends are a sturdy band (imported level 1 chars but fully equipped) and come to his aid due to the dramatic development of events.

We were planning to level for HP, so that none fall by a stray arrow in an ambush or alike.

/A.
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Hm like to kill basilisk at lvl 1. Just go straight to the area and pick up korax. Its enough for about 30000xp.