Skip to content

Which shopkeeper items are must-haves?

So many stores, so many expensive items... I'm still in chapter 1 and have amassed about 15k gold, so which items from shopkeepers are great to buy?

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Bag of Holding from the wizard. Also the Shining Sash once you can afford it.
  • dok0zhivagodok0zhivago Member Posts: 82
    edited March 2016
    The Love of Black Bess for the party Cleric
    Post edited by dok0zhivago on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    Wasn't that robe for mages only?
  • ElvenbladeElvenblade Member Posts: 21
    "The lucky scimitar" bought from Conlan. Really cheap and you won't really find any better scimitar until the later parts of the game.

Conlan has a lot of nice weapons but they are so expensive that once you can afford them you have already found better weapons from dungeons.
  • ElvenbladeElvenblade Member Posts: 21
    Hudzy said:

Wasn't that robe for mages only?

Single class mages only.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited March 2016
    At Conlan's there's is a helmet only wearable by Halflings and Gnomes which improves your AC by 2 points!
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited March 2016
    DJKajuru said:

At Conlan's there's is a helmet only wearable by Halflings and Gnomes which improves your AC by 2 points!

Actually, it improves AC by THREE points! It's amazing, especially if the character wearing it is a cleric or a mage, since they can cast Haste, Righteous Wrath of the Faithful and Greater Restoration without having to worry about fatigue.

Also, I really recommend Ogi-Luc's Great Robe. It won't make a mage as good at fighting as a fighter/mage, but it's still very useful and I think it's the best robe in the game. At one point I did a solo necromancer playthrough of Icewind Dale and my character had to fight in melee against iron golems and other creatures that his spells were useless against. The robe helped quite a lot in those endeavors.
  • ReliantReliant Member Posts: 30
    +1 to the Lucky Scimitar. I always have a fighter/druid in my party and it's tough to get a good magical weapon she can use early in the game.
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    `If you play with the mod that adds the BG2 bonus merchants, Vhailor's Helm, natch.`

name of mod?
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    The luck features of the lucky scimitar +2 make it a great choice for a fighter/Druid.

Fwiw, I'd recommend a dual class rather than multi.
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707

`If you play with the mod that adds the BG2 bonus merchants, Vhailor's Helm, natch.`

name of mod?

It's the House Rules mod, if I'm not mistaken.
  • acolyteacolyte Member Posts: 36

That plus the Rogue's Cowl is nuts - base AC 2, no thieving penalties, no armor-based DEX penalty (I play with armor-based DEX penalties), near-max warrior STR, all ready to be enhanced by spells like Aid, DUHM, Holy Power, Righteous Magic, etc. etc. Turns the C/T from an afterthought to one of the most powerful classes in the game.

If you play with the mod that adds the BG2 bonus merchants, Vhailor's Helm, natch.

I was always tempted by that cowl, but I wasn't sure if it also helps against critical hits like a normal helmet would. Was this also the item that grants color spray?

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    @subtledoctor what about the rogues cowl makes it so good for a CT??