Skip to content

Bam bam

MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
edited September 2016 in General Modding
Long time ago when pc version was 1.3, bg was using .bmp description images, now (2.3) it's using .bam. Can I force someway current (2.3) to use .bmp as it was in 1.3?
This is very important for me so if there is any way...
Thanks
Post edited by Maxxximus on

Comments

• MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    Any1?
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I don't think so, you can probably convert .bmp to .bam though, why is it so important to you to keep using .bmp ?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Wait, what?? Seriously?
    i have ~800 edited description images...
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Tbh, i'm not sure how it works, you should probably test it.

I haven't tried but I looked it up on google and this seems to work nicely to convert bmp to bam in great number : http://readme.spellholdstudios.net/bam-readme.html#suba4 .

I think bmps don't work anymore because most mods have their description images messed up (they have a black background).
    Yeah i know about bam batcher but i have no idea how to make it work with 24bit bmp + alpha... I think the only way now is to use near infinity pvrz method but again i can't make it work, maybe something wrong with the hands idk ;)
    Ty for help anyway.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    32-bit BMP is tricky because there are so many non-standard implementations used by various graphics tools. You should first convert the files into PNG format (which also supports alpha channel) if you want to convert them into BAM V2 format with Near Infinity.

If your graphics files don't make use of alpha blending you can also convert them into the original BAM V1 format which is much easier to handle by WeiDU.