Skip to content

How do you feel about the new release date?

cloakanddaggercloakanddagger Member Posts: 111
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
  1. How do you feel about the new release date?197 votes
    1. I am beyond reasoning with anger.
      17.77%
    2. That really sucks, but I understand that it was a hard decision and needed to be done.
      82.23%

Comments

• gfm50gfm50 Member Posts: 124
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited September 2012
    gfm50 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed for you ;-)

Post edited by mch202 on
  • Laed_GibLaed_Gib Member Posts: 1
    Reminds me of Bioware and a "Fall XXXX" release date... turned out they released it the 21st of December... the last day of Fall, but Fall ne'er the less. Well we'll get more of everything but just later... I can live with that (At least I can't blame my marks on BG:EE) (smile)
  • TrayusTrayus Member Posts: 7
    Bit annoyed but it's understandable I suppose. Had a feeling it was getting pushed back when the pre-load didn't seem to be coming anytime soon.
    paulsifer42that70sgirl7887
  • SacherySachery Member Posts: 33
    This is how my face will look like for 2½ month!
  • JozapeJozape Member Posts: 12
    I wasn't sure if I was going to finish playing Ultima 6 before BG:EE came out. Whew!
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    I figured this would happen since it wasn't available for pre-load yet. I'm disappointed, but it isn't the end of the world. I just wish they had told us sooner.
    DragonspearSpangoNuts
  • georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179
    I much rather prefer waiting a little longer for a more polished end product. Just look at what a premature launch did to Diablo 3.
    Jozape
  • CyricistCyricist Member Posts: 61
    Neither of these polls work for me. I think the best way to sum up my feelings is that I am very disappointed. Seems to me that there's a complete lack of communication here. Sure, you can choose to delay your game; obviously the people making the product will know best when it's time to put that product out. That's fine, and I understand.

But it's FOUR DAYS UNTIL LAUNCH. Are you kidding? Like, really? I pre-ordered the game the other day, have been browsing the forums for a couple days now. Wasn't too excited before, but as the launch date approached, I started to get excited for it. My friend and I drew up grand plans for our playthroughs. Really looking forward to it. Decided to pre-order the game instead of Borderlands 2, because we'd rather play BGEE. Figured we'd turn to Borderlands after a couple weeks, once we were spent in BGEE.

To be informed that the game won't be coming out for at least two+ more months is ridiculously bad communication. Just totally sucks. And no, I don't understand why we weren't told earlier. I mean the forums have been pretty much "When can we preload!?" for days now. Rather than let everyone pump themselves up over playing the game in the very near future, you could have told us "we'll be delaying the launch" at least a few days ago, so a full week before launch... or better yet, the first moment you realized you'd be delaying it at all.

Knowing the game isn't ready on September 18th, and deciding it'll be ready on November 30th, couldn't have been the same moment in time.

I don't know. Just ranting I guess. This blows. Guess we'll just sit here in the dark until November 26th, crossing our fingers.
    BrudeEpitomyofShyness
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Well, what can I say, bad things happen to good people, but sometimes it makes it better for everybody.
    If I must wait for the greater good, so be it.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I honestly don't even think it sucks. I think it's a good sign that maybe the devs are taking our concerns seriously and want to have a good product on launch date, instead of having things half-assed and then fixed them post-ship (Gran Turismo 5 anyone?). I have plenty of games to keep me busy until then. I want to replay IWD 1 and 2, PST, Fallout 1 and 2, Arcanum, and Temple of Elemental Evil.
    byrne20Eiler
  • Bynary_FissionBynary_Fission Member Posts: 202
    Disappointing, especially considering how close the announcement was to the scheduled release date. But as I stated in the other thread, I would much rather wait for the finished product than have them rush out some half-baked piece of crap. Furthermore, I have to hand it to the devs for willing to make that call - most major development companies do not care about the product, but rather the prospect of early profits...if the team at Overhaul is willing to push back the date to give us the best possible game they can make, then they have my full-hearted support.

However, I do hope Trent offers some sort of explanation as to why the release date has to be pushed back so far, and why they announced it so close to the scheduled date. I understand that they need approval to make such an announcement, but wouldn't they have recognized that September 18th was an unfeasible deadline more than just four days before the due date?
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I'm annoyed and dissapointed, thought not to the point it blocks my reasoning skills.
  • ramagonsramagons Member Posts: 96
    Where's the option for people who love having things they like delayed and they don't care and they insist everyone knows how much they don't care? Because everyone knows the Gibbering Twelve have replaced Beamdog with dopplegangers and right now Trent Oster is shoving a live cat into his horrendous, toothy maw.
    Cyricist
  • EquiptoEquipto Member Posts: 6
    Kind of upset, only because I could have used my pre-order money for something else rather than have it be a dormant purchase for 2 and a half months. I'm sure the end product will be worth the wait though, nothing like some BG during the winter months!
    CheOffshore
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    I want to play through all the Assassin's Creed games before 3 comes out. I guess BG won't get in my way of doing that now...
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    I was really looking forward to Tuesday, but hey, what can you do? I kinda thought they needed more time anyway considering the dragon that is Infinity.
  • pklooppkloop Member Posts: 113
    No problem waiting for quality..
    GodKaiserHell
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I think I'll need to play through the Baldur's Gate games to keep me occupied during the next two months. I've been fasting for over a year but just recently (because of the release date anticipation) I've got so pumped to return to the Sword Coast that I don't think I can contain that beast any longer.
    CyricistDragonspear
  • lichmasterlichmaster Member Posts: 5
    I've really had enough of games released too soon, with terrible bugs which make them unplayable until a huge patch is released a week later.
    It may seem strange, but I feel somewhat relieved about this delay...
    cloakanddaggerJozape
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    I can definitely understand where the developers are coming from.

In January, I took on a big commission to illustrate a cocktail book for men (aptly named The Gentleman's Guide to Cocktails, it's on Amazon and in Macy's/Waterstone's go check it out!) and was given 3 months to complete 200+ illustrations.
    As the deadline was fast approaching, I had to talk it through with the publishers who had to choice to either rush me and get the book out, or push the project back by another 2 months. Thankfully they went with the latter because they knew the work I was producing surpassed their expectations and they realised that if I was given more time, the book would be of an exceptional standard. And if I do say so myself, it is!

It must be such a relief to all the developers to spend a further 2 months they didn't think they'd have to iron over any creases in the game. During the extra 2 months I had, it really helped me refine and perfect every single illustration as well as help refine the over design with the graphic designers involved.

So yeah, this is a good thing, the quality of the final thing will be of an excellent standard I'm sure!
    (provided they revisit the GUI :D)
    Adaan
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    I agree it's better to wait more in order to get a better product, but I'm disappointed about the way they informed us.
    I'll just make sure I'll NEVER ever pre-order any product in the future, even if it's on top of my priority list.
  • mjellymjelly Member Posts: 10
    well maybe not that angry, but i was counting the days to the upcoming release. I have broken up with my girlfriend, quit my job and stocked up on food and drinks...thanks a bunch
    paulsifer42Manybadgers
  • ScarsUnseenScarsUnseen Member Posts: 170
    edited September 2012
    It's cool. When developers rush to meet an arbitrary release date, bad things happen. So take your time, Beamdog. Do it right.
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    I am out of my mind with rage. However, $hit happens. They had BETTER release it on the new date, and they had BETTER give us pre-orderers some GOD DAMN COOKIES
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'm angry about it, but not at the point in which I cannot reason. I wouldn't be buying the game until well after the old date due to money issues but I understand why people would be unhappy with this news.
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    I just hope they add something that wasn't meant for the "original" 19'th release. If not, then I'm really fucking pissed. Good thing Black Mesa has been released!
  • GoForTheEyesBooGoForTheEyesBoo Member Posts: 97
    edited September 2012
    First, I am happy that it wasn't rushed.

At the same time I am frustrated that with five days to go the date was changed. Why was it hidden in the Candlekeep section,behind the clearly bigger news of Rsaad's backstory??? Why was the most important piece of information buried? The CL post says November 30. Is it for November release or November 30?

I am interested in knowing what the preorderers will receive, I hope something in-game not like the black pits. I hope it is in addition to Adventure Y. Also, I'd accept a November 30,2013 (and 49.99 pricetag) release date for new HD art assets. :)

Real information on why the release had to wait would have been nice. I'll stop here since I don't want to be rude out of anger, I was just shocked to find this out today when I was expecting to be playing the game in less than five days.

Post edited by GoForTheEyesBoo on