Skip to content

Problems with Liches

2»

Comments

• cloudkillbeatsallcloudkillbeatsall Member Posts: 98
    @gorgonzola
    A Deva got webbed? Just fly above it, sucka.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Yes sir, webbed and brutally killed by a solo low level conjurer, that is because the most powerful character is not in the game, is always behind the game, is the player :smile:
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    sluckers said:

Some weapons available for purchase in the game give bonuses against the undead, allowing them a modified enchantment level to scrape over the bar set by improved mantle, as well, giving your fighters a chance.

Actually, any +Y, +X vs Specific type hits as +X no matter what because thats how the engine works, as long as Y < X of course.

For example, no matter the type of enemy you're facing, the sword of +1, +2 vs Lycanthropes is still going to hit as a +2 weapons in terms of enchantment (damage and THAC0 will be different).
    So a weapon who gives a +3 against giants can be used to hit a +2 immune undead, and one that give +3 against undeads to hit a +2 immune golem or other giant. But with thac0 and DMG not modified.
    I did not know it.
  • jinxed75jinxed75 Member Posts: 157
    CARV3R said:

Unfortunately my sorc and mage hadn't unlocked energy blades yet, but I didn't think about MMM, good call. Even on vanilla/no mods the WK demilich would imprison my ranged melee (standing behind the immune caster), I guess melee really can't compete unless the are multi or dual classed casters.

You can enter his room with a single character, and have the rest wait outside and drink coffee.
    An enraged Berserker like Korgan can take him down with ease, or a Thief who has access to UAI. Have him use a Spell Immunity Scroll, cast Improved Haste on him and you can melee him easily.
    Alternatively use one of your Mages. Have him cast Spell Immunity:Abj, Improved Haste, and then Tensers Transformation, and melee him with your Mage. There should be enough +4 weapons available for every class at this point of the game.
    A +4 one, usable by a mage, is available the very moment that you have enough money to buy it at the beginning of SoA.
    Enter his room with a single protected character is a sound tactic, every mage or bard can do it, not talking of thieves with HLA, kensages and F/M. Imo tenser is useful, but not a necessity, mage's thaco and +4 from the weapon are fine against a demilich AC, he will hit enough often, 2 times x round with regolar haste.
    Imo killing him fast, with many APR, between his first casting and the second, is better, unless that demilich is so stupid to target better but still use only imprisonment (I did never play ToB + WK unmodded).
    An ADHW can kill your abjuration protected mage, someone that die in 2-3 seconds can not.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CARV3RCARV3R Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 23
    You guys forget that there is no 'fast' on LoB difficulty; you've got to beat on bosses for a while.
    3 fighters using GWW is 30 APR with good thac0, so with the best gear like 600-900 DMG/round.
    The rest of the party should add something more.
    A demilich caste a single imprisonment x round.
    How many Hp has a LOB demilich? probably the half of what the 3 fighters can deal in a single round.
    I don't see the problem.