Skip to content

How to change XP distribution for classes for a multi-classed character?

KykuyKykuy Member Posts: 30
Is there any way to change the amount of XP gained for each of your classes? For example, as a F\M i want to have 75% of XP go to F part and only 25% to M. Is there any convenient way to do this? Or even to completely stop one of the classes after some point?

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I don't think you can unevenly split XP's for a multiclass, but dual classing is how you would stop advancing in one class and advance only in the other class. People commonly start off with a fighter and go up a few levels to get big base hit points and weapon mastery, then dual class to mage or cleric and become quite powerful once their second class passes the first and they get their fighter abilities back in full.
  • KykuyKykuy Member Posts: 30
    Of this i am aware, but i need uneven XP split for multiclass, and not something else.
    Is it really impossible? I went for a quick goggle search, but for it yielded nothing.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    It's impossible because internally XP is kept as a single value which is divided programmatically by 2 or 3 on the fly (depending on the multiclass type). Your best bet is adapting the level requirement for selected classes in XPLEVEL.2DA, but this will affect every creature globally.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Also second edition rules wouldn't allow it. The closest you can get is to dual class a human character.
    argent77 said:

It's impossible because internally XP is kept as a single value which is divided programmatically by 2 or 3 on the fly (depending on the multiclass type). Your best bet is adapting the level requirement for selected classes in XPLEVEL.2DA, but this will affect every creature globally.

Sorry(im not very knowledgeable about all this), i fail to understand what needs to be done? You mean, i have to lower the exp value to level up for one class and higher it for another? This seems not a quite good solution, very sadly, given that it affects everyone( If it would affect only the PC, that was quite okay.
    Cant experience be made to be divided by more parts - eg 4, 5, 6? And then be divided between classes? Again, sorry if its a silly question, im just not very knowledgeable in modding.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Kykuy said:

argent77 said:

Sorry(im not very knowledgeable about all this), i fail to understand what needs to be done? You mean, i have to lower the exp value to level up for one class and higher it for another? This seems not a quite good solution, very sadly, given that it affects everyone( If it would affect only the PC, that was quite okay.
    Cant experience be made to be divided by more parts - eg 4, 5, 6? And then be divided between classes? Again, sorry if its a silly question, im just not very knowledgeable in modding.
    It's not possible.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    It's possible to slow down overall XP progression of a specific party member via effect opcode though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Really, really pity for me, that this cannot be done(( Well, thank you very for much for your trying for help, i think i shall try to modify the 2da table in the end.
    And sincere thanks again.