Skip to content

Shadow Aspect [SPOILERS!!!]

PeldinPeldin Member Posts: 46
So there is a Shadow Aspect in a secret room in the cave in the Forest of Wyrms. One thing I didn't notice was that it drains the strength from my tank (Jaheira). I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else. I've tried multiple searches on google to see if this is ever talked about, and it's not. I don't know why. Maybe it's because for some of you more hardcore players, this is just another day in the park and you go get a greater restoration scroll and move on.

Now I'm trying to reload it and see if I can figure out a way to not get Jaheira's strength drained. So far I've had no luck. I put on Iron Skins and her strength still got drained. I just fought her without ever getting hit and still lost 4 strength. I'm not even sure how she does it but it's obviously one point at a time.

Comments

• PeldinPeldin Member Posts: 46
    edited October 2016
    Apparently just killing her fast enough (Haste, Chant, Bless, all ranged) did the trick. Also when I kited her around with boots of the cheetah while the rest of my group ranged her down, that worked too. Still can't figure out what activates the strength reduction though.
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    I'm not sure what exactly the Shadow Aspect does to drain strength, but I've found that in SoD and onward, it never hurts to have your cleric memorize a restoration or two, because you never know when it might come in handy.
  • namarienamarie Member Posts: 52
    I guess it's not specifically mentioned because this ability is not unique to Shadow Aspect. Spirit trolls, (greater) shadows both drain Str.

Also surprisingly, Greater restorations don't seem to restore drained Str scores in SoD iirc. I remember someone on this forum said that they are temporary and will go away if you rest long enough. Haven't tested it myself though
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    Ironskin/stoneskin protects you from the physical damages only, any other effect will pass through it (elemental damage, drain effect, stun effect etc...)
  • PeldinPeldin Member Posts: 46
    Ah thanks for that Noon. I didn't know that.