Skip to content

Cannot remove curse of Gloves of Misplacement

I am new to BG:EE but an old time player of BG and BGII (so old that I forgot that this item is cursed), so I know what should happen here. Temple casts Remove Curse, item is removed from character, but the curse remains. Do I need to fix this with the EE version of ShadowKeeper? Haven't equipped any other cursed item yet, so I don't know if this is a general problem.

This is in a multiplayer game, using the latest version of v2.3 on OSX with no additional things installed.

Cheers
mf2112

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Welcome to the forums! The curse should be lifted once you remove the item I believe. You still see the status effect listed on your character though?

I will move this to the troubleshooting section. Could you please attach a saved game to a post?
  • johnnycashjohnnycash Member Posts: 3
    I'll get the saved game. In any case yes the effect is still there in the portrait and also in the stats even after the item has been removed. Apart from the removal of the item there is no apparent change when Remove Curse is cast (at the temple east of Beregost).
    mf2112
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    maybe try casting dispel magic a couple of times on your character as well, just to see if it goes away
  • johnnycashjohnnycash Member Posts: 3
    I'm attaching the save file. Note that this save is just after the item was equipped, before Remove Curse was cast the first time.

The only way I managed to fix this was by opening the save in EE Keeper and deleting the equipped item. Opened the game and the curse effect was gone.

Didn't try dispel magic, I don't think the caster had it at the time.

Thanks
    mf2112
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    so, I just downloaded your save file, opened it up and I went to the temple area ( directly east of beregost) used the remove curse temple service, and it took the item off of the character, and the character's stats all went back to normal

do any of the players have any mods installed? especially if different players have different mods the game might do some whacky things
    mf2112