Skip to content

[UI Mod in Progress] Vanilla BG-Style Record Screen

KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
edited December 2016 in UI Modding

Warning

This mini-mod is now abandoned. If you liked it, I strongly suggest you check out my modded Dragonspear GUI:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/62618/revised-dragon-scale-ui-for-sod-v1#latest

Dear people, I would love some feedback/tips on this.

I've been tinkering around with the record screen in order to make it look more like the original one from BG1 (at least the layout).

So what do you guys think of this thing? The attached files are merely for testing purposes - I still don't know how to make a WeiDU version that integrates with other GUI mods and doesn't have to completely replace UI.menu.

Edit October 11: Prototype Version 2 is now online.

To be honest I've got big plans for a complete overhaul of the current UI in favor of a more BG-classic style of sorts but since I've no experience with LUA (or UI modding) whatsoever, I'm starting out slow and maybe recruiting some folks to the cause.

Let's see if anyone else's interested.
Post edited by Kilivitz on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    unfortunately I have no tips, because my modding skills are pretty low but I definitely have some feedback and that feedback is thus:

I think your UI layout looks fantastic, it really does give it that original view

unfortunately I don't know if I will ever play the EEs again, so unfortunately I may never try this UI out, but in the meantime I still think it looks awesome
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Thanks a lot for the tip, @lefreut. I was able to correct the problem and now I believe the AC and HP display on the Record screen is working without issues.

Main post is updated.