Skip to content

Loading and saving times

Is anybody else getting long quicksaving and quickloading times? After i was done with BG1 EE and started the siege of dragonspear i noticed these things take way longer than in the base game.
I havent found (or didnt search in deeply) anybody else with this issue on the forum or the bug reports.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    it could be because the save is saving some much data and when you reload your game, it has to reload all that data

I noticed that when you start clean and fresh in candlekeep, its warp speed loading and saving, but when I get near the tale end of the game, it takes about half a second to quicksave and reload which I guess makes sense, because as I said, all the data that it has collected along the way, will take a little bit longer to load/reload

but on the other hand, if you are having some abysmal load/reload times ( like loads/reloads are taking SECONDS ) then yeah, there might be an issue

but if you loads and such only take half a second, then I think that is normal behavior

• Sir_DahakaSir_Dahaka Member Posts: 23
    takes aproximatedly 5 seconds or more to save and load, its strange because at the end of the main campaing i was saving and reloading at warp speed as you put it, but now trying to safely sleep or reload after a fail pickpocket gets annoying as hell.
    But if theres no fix ill have to live with it.
    hmm, that is strange, how is your PC hardware? or did you download a program somewhere that is running in the background that is causing your game to slow down?
    hardware:
    VGA: radeon hd 6800 series (dont remember the exact number)
    ram: 6gb ddr3
    Processor: Intel i5-2300 2.8 Ghz
    Enogh hdd space

And on the background no other program worth mentioning is running, not a fan of those type of things.
    The task admin shows on cpu, memory and drive values below 50% when running the game.
    what type of anti-virus software to do you have?
    sarevok57 said:

what type of anti-virus software to do you have?

Atm not running any anti virus, basically the OS install is fresh. Its windows 10.
    hmmm odd, I've heard that sometimes windows 10 has been giving some players problems, are you fully up to date? ( with windows update)
    yep, everything is up to date. its odd to be honest, whole game works wonderful except when i load and save those take some annoyingly long seconds.