Skip to content

David Warner petition

YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
It occurs to me that the David Warner sound set is not available in BG2?!

Could we please do something about it prettypleasewithsugarontop?

Ditto for some of the nice portraits in BG/SoD?
Post edited by Ygramul on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Heh, I don't see any reason not to import the voice set. After all, one of the female voice sets (female 4 IIRC) is clearly voiced by the same voice actor who voiced Bodhi. They sound almost the same too.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Tresset said:

Heh, I don't see any reason not to import the voice set. After all, one of the female voice sets (female 4 IIRC) is clearly voiced by the same voice actor who voiced Bodhi. They sound almost the same too.

You mean the one called "Female: Streetwise" in SoD? Now that you mention it, they do sound similar...
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yes please, all the voice sets need to be imported over.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    And some of the Icewind Dale sets too. Some of those are just too good.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    edited October 2016

And some of the Icewind Dale sets too. Some of those are just too good.

Hear hear.
    Kurona said:

Tresset said:

You mean the one called "Female: Streetwise" in SoD? Now that you mention it, they do sound similar...
    @Kurona No, I mean the "female 4" voice set from the original BG2. I checked and it is still called "female 4" in BG2:EE.

As a side note I suppose I should mention that importing voice sets from BG1:EE may not be as simple as one would think. The two games handle voice sets quite differently as I recall, and unless the devs have done something to change that recently, it would require a bit of work to get this functioning properly. Despite this, I am quite certain it would be well within the devs' abilities to make it happen. They would just need time to work on it and they are always very busy people with a to-do list a mile long, even without feature requests like this.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The Baldur's Gate trilogy comprises a single story, carry your character through from one game to another. To give you an option when making your character in the beginning, and then when you carry through having to change them (their voice a very noticieable change) is more than a little ridiculous. Its mind baffling that a descision like that was okayed.
    edited October 2016
    I tried to copy the Male Commanding voice manually with Near Infinity and exported the sound files in BG2 and it works perfectly.

Edit: obviously you don't have the subtitles that way, but I don't really care about that.
    Post edited by Kurona on
    Kurona said:

I tried to copy the Male Commanding voice manually with Near Infinity and exported the sound files in BG2 and it works perfectly.

Edit: obviously you don't have the subtitles that way, but I don't really care about that.

Thank you!

(P.S. I wonder if there is such an easy way to also transfer portraits between EE games.)
    Ygramul said:

(P.S. I wonder if there is such an easy way to also transfer portraits between EE games.)

What do you want to do, specifically?
    edited October 2016
    Kurona said:

Ygramul said:

Add, e.g., the Corwin portrait from SoD to BG2. (If you import a character with that portrait, it gets a blank face instead.)

Or use IWDEE portraits, for example.

(I never could figure how to do use custom portrait folder. It just never works. [on OSX])
    Ygramul said:

Kurona said:

Ygramul said:

Add, e.g., the Corwin portrait from SoD to BG2. (If you import a character with that portrait, it gets a blank face instead.)

Or use IWDEE portraits, for example.

(I never could figure how to do use custom portrait folder. It just never works. [on OSX])
    The portraits are named SCHAELL, SCHAELM and SCHAELS in Near Infinity, under the BMP section when you open BGEE+SOD. You can export them and put them in BG2 override folder and your character will keep the portrait if she had it in SOD.

Using the dedicated portrait folder would be better but I honestly know nothing about OSX so I can't help you there.
    Out of curiosity, I looked up the voice actor for Bodhi and, according to the IMDB, it was B. J. Ward, who also voiced Faldorn and probably quite a few others.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    Last time I played the trilogy I had no problem copying and pasting the Warner soundset into BG2EE. It worked fine (as far as I could tell) to the very end of the series.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    agree. also would love all soundsets and portraits to be available in both games and expansions as long as you own them both