Skip to content

BG2:EE Bug: clicking on my Kensai charname gives dialog lines from Aerie NPC

This is an ancient bug, apparently. I have something very much like this:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/24190/bg2-ee-bug-clicking-on-my-kensai-charname-gives-random-dialogue-and-immunities-to-schools-of-magic

Imported my char name from BG1 / SoD into BG2 and while I am not getting random immunities, I am getting two lines of dialog:

"You're out of your mind Aerie"
"Let us go, then, and find this Irenicus. Once this is over, I want to experience everything with you I... I never thought I would find something... better than flying. Thank you."

Etc, and so forth. What in the name of the Realms is going on? o_O

Comments

• GrimjackMVGrimjackMV Member Posts: 151
    Never mind, the issue with the voice set from BG1. It's not available in BG2 and causes the bug. Switching the voice set to a BG2 voice set fixes the issue.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    whats actually happening is that the dialogue string don't match in both games, for example lets say in bg1 when you click on your character, your character says "im here" in your dialogue window, it will say "im here" so how bg1 does this is that every time you click on your character it will display dialogue string 31000 ( just as an example) because dialogue 31000 is set to "im here"

so what happens is when you import to SoA your game data saves your characters by character string files when it comes to dialogues options and the such, so for example when you click on your character in SoA, it doesn't save the line "im here" it saves the dialogue string of 31000, so instead it takes the line of 31000 from SoA ( which lets just say for example is the aerie dialogue line) and that is why you are seeing that

its because dialogue strings in bg1 and bg2 usually don't match, and that's when you will see those discrepancies, if you want to use your original voice set with the right lines, you will need a program like Near Infinity or some sort of infinity engine editor, and go into the .2da files and look for the character sounds, and switch it to the dialogue string that says the right thing
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Maybe Kajah's illusory magic just got really powerful in the enhanced edition?