Skip to content

Siege of Dragonspear - after first area Imoen says going to Ducal Palace

mrhedgehogmrhedgehog Member Posts: 14
edited October 2016 in Troubleshooting
I just got this game today from GOG.com. I have windows 10.

I played the first area and when Imoen says I am supposed to go to the Ducal Palace it just stops... everything disappears but the avatars and no story progression. It is essentially frozen
When I tried to find a solution on the beamdog forum all I could find was someone saying it didn't work because they had a tweak pack. But I have no mods... I just downloaded the game and expansion today...

Has anyone heard of this problem and know of a solution?

EDIT: My saved game (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Zy-piLEAX9UktIcUF5R2liY28
Post edited by mrhedgehog on

Comments

• mrhedgehogmrhedgehog Member Posts: 14
    No response? If the game doesn't even work I want a refund.........
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited October 2016
    @mrhedgehog I just checked your game, but it progresses fine for me (I also have windows 10). Does the freeze occur before you start the conversation with Imoen, during, or after?

Also, is your game version v2.3?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Not able to replicate this myself. I've attached a copy of your save from after talking to Imoen. You can find images showing most of what you missed in the spoiler tag.

JuliusBorisov
  • mrhedgehogmrhedgehog Member Posts: 14
    After I talk to Imoen it just didn't advance before being teleported to Ducal palace. Once I say "let's go to the palace"

However, I now loaded the game on my laptop and am playing it there. I transferred my save I posted here to my laptop even!

Thank you for your help, you two :)

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    If you still wish to look into the original issue, could you attach a directx diagnostic report
    (Press Windows/R keys, type dxdiag and click ok. Wait for it to run then save all information. Drag the resulting file into the forum leave a comment box)
    JuliusBorisov