Skip to content

I need some voice acting for my mod

chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
I think I've seen here or elsewhere a board or a thread for talent search, but I can't find it, so I'm going to post the ad here:

A male and a female voice wanted for a mod
Short sound bits, pro bono
Credit (with Morgan Chase) offered

Comments

• Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    I'm no professional voice actor or anything, but I'd be willing to give it a shot. Could be fun.
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    Okay. So long as you have an attractive timbre... How about recording a phrase or two and attaching them here?
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    It might be a good idea to offer a little more information about the mod (what it's about, how far into developement are you, ...).
    BG mods have a habit of not getting finished, so people might be more willing to invest their time if they see your mod is close to release rather than in "design phase".
    redline
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    Details about the character you're going for might be useful as well. Someone may not have the natural speaking voice you want, but they might have the range to do something more fitting with a little guidance.
    Right you are. Well, it's not actually for a character this time. I'm making, in fact I have already made, a special ability, spell-like, that will go in all party members' star panel, permanently. This ability has unlimited uses, and what it does is call over an ally - any neutral creature of the GOODBUTBLUE allegiance type. These are the neutrals who will come to your aid and attack enemies. The ability is added as a part of my larger mod, about 70% finished aside from this, to change the way charm spells work in BG:EE. Charmed creatures will become neutral but helpful blues - allies - instead of green-circled puppets to move around. I decided to add the ability to call them over so the party can bring them along as it travels in an area. Any character can beckon them.

The mechanics for this are in place, so what I need are a regular middle-pitch man's and woman's voice (ideally also squeaky midget voices for gnomes and halflings) saying a few simple things:

Come here!
    This way!
    Follow me!
    Hey, you!

Your choice, really. A hey-there whistle would also be nice, if you can make one.

There is a second special ability that I'm only thinking about. This order is for the ally to attack a target. I don't yet know if it's possible to implement this one. If I don't give up, I'll also need the voice-overs for that.
    I found the female actor on Freesound for the women's voice. I still need the one to do men's. This is what the ability looks like:

And I found a way to make several command abilities, any number in fact. This is Call Ally, but I also want to make Help, Attack and Blast. So I'm going to need the voice-overs for that, too. If the woman who agreed to do the first voice-overs doesn't want to do any more, then I'll need a woman's voice too.
    Call.jpg 306.7K