Skip to content

Who should I boot from my party to make room for Saverok??

2»

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    That is exactly what I would never do.
    Is true that he has the right stats to be dualed, thing rare if not unique among the NPCs.
    But you will complete the dualing only near the end of the game, for most of the time you have him in the party he will be an under leveled thief or mage.
    Even Having some scroll bag filled and dropping each NPC, probably breaking the active romance, to have him learn/erase, thing that not all players like to do as it has no RP sense, will mitigate the down time only a little, as the level he has to reach is very high and at a rate of 500-4000 XP x scroll even having 3 or 4 bags filled don't make that difference. Also as charname is a kensage if the OP uses that tactics has probably used many of them for charname. And he had to plan that before, at the point that he can recruit Sarevok the SoA areas and merchants are lost forever. As he ask here for advice probably he did not planned it as he is not even sure to take him, the option to not take mr ToB is present in the poll.

We all know that that can be done, the option to have him under powered for the main part of the remaining game time and babysitting him to have him stronger ( but without the chance of reaching GM in halberds, as dualing he don't have the pips to do it) for the last couple of battles is a matter of opinions.
    Mine is that is not worth, he is a strong fighter, the thief part can add little at the party in near end ToB, Imoen and a kensage make a 3rd arcane caster less useful and Sarevok really shine when he stacks his deathbringer assault (only 5% chance to trigger) with the vorpal hits with no ST of Ravager. Dualing he loose also a good number of GWW, Hardness and CS, and GWW are functional to having deathbringer+vorpal trigger often. Only deathbringer in a dual will probably happen and be significative in very few battles, as when it trigger on a not boss enemy that is already badly injured is not even noticeable, probably the next hit would have killed the foe anyway.
    As a F->M he has better tanking potential, but the Kensage in ToB has plenty of it and Jaheira is a good backup for that, but probably is worst than a Well developed fighter as damage dealer, imo also in endgame the loss is greater than the gain.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Fighter/thief Sarevok is hilarious in a smaller party. He's one of the only four NPCs that can get UAI others being Jan, Haer'Dalis and Hexxat, and Yoshimo too I guess but good luck getting him to that point. By the time he makes the dual work he becomes a brutal Time trapping, Carsomyr-swinging, scroll-casting occasionally backstabbing killer that is near immune to magic and dispels on hit. It's worth trying at least once.
    Fighter/Mage Sarevok is just bad though don't do it
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Agreed with @gorgonzola, dualling Sarevok is just more trouble than it is worth. I mean, it's fun to do once so you can marvel at the huge numbers obtained by Deathbringer Assault triggering on a backstab but once the novelty passed it's just a long grueling task (especially if dualled to mage).

Also I think the 2.0 patch removed the Erase option for spells so you can't even cheat like that (unless I'm really just blind, which is a possibility). I suppose you could kill a bunch of invisible Fire Giants in Saradush...
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Trying something at least once is always worth, that is one of the reasons why I dislike when I see the developers nerfing something that is only optional, a player's possible choice.
    But suggesting something as a viable option after weighting carefully the pros and cons, is something different, and that was the sense of my post, in this party of 6, with the other possible 5, few possible time traps or incredible backstabs are not enough to loose GM in halberd, GWW and the rest, not counting the incredibly long down time.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Kurona said:

Agreed with @gorgonzola, dualling Sarevok is just more trouble than it is worth. I mean, it's fun to do once so you can marvel at the huge numbers obtained by Deathbringer Assault triggering on a backstab but once the novelty passed it's just a long grueling task (especially if dualled to mage).

Also I think the 2.0 patch removed the Erase option for spells so you can't even cheat like that (unless I'm really just blind, which is a possibility). I suppose you could kill a bunch of invisible Fire Giants in Saradush...

You can remove spells from your spellbook in 2.0