Skip to content

Official Features Request Thread in light of the Release Delay to November 30, 2012

gfm50gfm50 Member Posts: 124
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
My #1 request is to make charmed NPCs have their alternative dialogue work as they did in the vanilla BG1.

I am guessing that this is doable by November 30, 2012, but please correct me if I am mistaken. Regardless, thanks for hearing me out.

What are your requests?
serabietJalily

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    My main request is an old one, A Bestiary in the journal! Overhaul have the artists, now also have the time so I have high hopes

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1027/bestiary-in-the-journal/p1

:)
    gfm50
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    My main request is to keep names of inn locations, etc, off of maps in BG:EE. Like it was in vanilla BG1.
    gfm50
  • gfm50gfm50 Member Posts: 124
    elminster said:

My main request is to keep names of inn locations, etc, off of maps in BG:EE. Like it was in vanilla BG1.

mch202 said:

My main request is an old one, A Bestiary in the journal! Overhaul have the artists, now also have the time so I have high hopes

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1027/bestiary-in-the-journal/p1

:)

Yes to both!
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    So, @Dave, how about that f/f romance option you said was coming sooner rather than later? :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2012
    The other thing I was thinking of, in order to make rangers a more interesting character class, would be to make it so the rangers charmed animals give a line of sight (for exploring/ scouting).
  • DaveDave Member Posts: 200
    @Jalily The current plan doesn't lend itself to moving that character forward, but it won't be very long after BGEE that you get a chance to meet her. Still, if another opportunity arises and it makes sense for the character, I'll have your note in mind.
    JalilyIchigoRXC
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Dave Thanks for the response! That was fast.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Keep in mind that while this delay will allow Overhaul to add some other stuff, they still have other issues to deal with.

The charmed dialogues are something that is being looked at, but there are no guarantees.
  • ZwiebelchenZwiebelchen Member Posts: 86
    1) Please ... please add banters and interjections for the original BG1 npcs (not just when talking to the new npcs!). You've got the writers and you've got the time now. It doesn't need voiceover; plain text is perfectly enough ... just make those BG1 npcs actually worth taking for those that enjoy "living" npcs...

2) Please rework the respawn system. It's super-annoying at times. Especially in the firewine ruins, probably the most annoying part of the game. It just doesn't make sense that masses of goblins respawn within a second as soon as a certain region is covered with the fog. Respawn is fine at some places... but make it time-based ... in a reasonable way...

3) Please add a visual spell-tree (with grade-branches) which can be displayed by pressing a button on the UI (or hotkey). IWD2 had a perfect example of how something like this could look. For Cleric/Mages, especially later in the game, it's not fun to scroll through hundreds of memorized spells just to get the one you want to cast.
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    Allowing Sorcerer to dual class or be dual classed into preferably would be totally awesome in every way possible.
    Taishar
  • CleaveCleave Member Posts: 32
    I'd like to be able to see my friend's cursor in multiplayer, so i can tell him to target that or that enemy..
    or maybe some sort of way to ping in the screen so my friend see what i'm talking about..

I'm sure my noob friend will have trouble communicating with me, as he always does lol... would make communicating over skype easier if we can ping to each other, instead of pointing invisible fingers at our screens... thanks :)
    jflieder
  • SabotinSabotin Member Posts: 38
    I think there's a pretty long list of stuff to do already; every other feature request is stamped with "post-ship".