Skip to content

So apparently Khalid is female xD

I just had to share this moment.

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Let me guess. Your current party leader is female, and NPCs tends to react to whoever party leader is, often regardless the party members they are talking to.
  • IgnatiusReillyIgnatiusReilly Member Posts: 28
    O_Bruce said:

Let me guess. Your current party leader is female, and NPCs tends to react to whoever party leader is, often regardless the party members they are talking to.

More or less. Looking at the dialogue file, KIRINHAL.DLG, the condition for Kirinhale's above response is:
    Gender(Player1,FEMALE)
    NumberOfTimesTalkedTo(0)
    So it only tests the gender of the player character.
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    I figured that was the case was still amusing though. You would think that when gender is so relevent to an NPC's reaction it would be more accurate when discerning whom they're speaking to.
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    Mush_Mush said:

I figured that was the case was still amusing though. You would think that when gender is so relevent to an NPC's reaction it would be more accurate when discerning whom they're speaking to.

You can also RPG-it a bit and say to yourself that Khalid was the initiator of the conversation but Kirinhale just looked over the bumbling fool and started talking to the *real* party leader.
    alceryes said:

Mush_Mush said:

You can also RPG-it a bit and say to yourself that Khalid was the initiator of the conversation but Kirinhale just looked over the bumbling fool and started talking to the *real* party leader.
    Unfortunately Khalid was alone when he confronted Kirinhale, Emelie, (party leader) was busy admiring the decor in another room.

However, I'm more than happy to RP that his dainty elven features masked his masculinity enough to disqualify him as a guy in her demonic eyes. Makes the encounter that much more entertaining :p
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    Mush_Mush said:

Unfortunately Khalid was alone when he confronted Kirinhale, Emelie, (party leader) was busy admiring the decor in another room.

However, I'm more than happy to RP that his dainty elven features masked his masculinity enough to disqualify him as a guy in her demonic eyes. Makes the encounter that much more entertaining :p

In another room? Yeah, that's a stretch then. Maybe she is able to see future events? Like an unfortunate one involving Khalid and a particular belt...? :D
    alceryes said:

Mush_Mush said:

In another room? Yeah, that's a stretch then. Maybe she is able to see future events? Like an unfortunate one involving Khalid and a particular belt...? :D
    He actually did wear that belt briefly lol. Removed and replaced it with elves bane shortly after though at great cost. So perhaps she was looking into the past rather than the future :)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited October 2016
    Huh... When I have Khalid talk to her alone while having a female Charname, Kirinhale seems to use her dialog for males... Why is that?

Oh, right... Its because I know how to mess with the game's scripts. :tongue: