Skip to content

Custom class/kit idea: Inventor

gunmangunman Member Posts: 215
Inspired by characters like Jan Jensen, or the duergar inventor from IWD2 (the one that made the hell bolter), I came up with this idea:

Class: Inventor

May specialize in crossbow, only proficient in all other weapons
May not place slots in any fighter styles
May only wear leather or studded leather armor
Hit Die: d4
Thief XP and THAC0 progression table

Special starting items that upgrades on level up:

Inventor's Arbalest (crossbow, only usable by inventor):
Level 1 +1 THAC0 / Level 3 +1 THAC0, +1 Damage / Level 5 +1 THAC0, +1 Dam, 2 APR / Level 7 +2 THAC0, +1 Dam, 2 APR / Level 9 +2 THAC0, +2 Dam, 2 APR / Level 13 +3 THAC0, +2 Dam, 3 APR / Level 17 +3 THAC0, +3 Dam, 3 APR / Level 21 +4 THAC0, +3 Dam, 3 APR / Level 25 +4 THAC0, +4 Dam, 3 APR

Antimagic Helmet (only usable by inventor)
Level 1 +5% Magic Resistance / Level 5 +10% MR / Level 9 +25% MR / Level 17 +50% MR

Special abilities:
Level 1 - create 1 bolt of fire per day, create 1 Oil of Fiery Burning per day
Level 3 - create 5 bolts of fire per day, create 1 bolt of lightning per day, create 2 Oil of Fiery Burning per day
Level 5 - create 5 bolts of fire per day, create 5 bolts of lightning per day, create 2 Oil of Fiery Burning per day, create 1 Potion of Explosions per day
Level 7 - create 5 bolts of fire per day, create 5 bolts of lightning per day, create 1 bolt of detonation (similar to arrows of detonation) per day, create 2 Oil of Fiery Burning per day, create 1 Potion of Explosions per day
Level 9 - create 5 bolts of fire per day, create 5 bolts of lightning per day, create 2 bolts of detonation per day, create 2 Oil of Fiery Burning per day, create 1 Potion of Explosions per day, create 1 Potion of Magic Protection per day
Level 13 - create 5 bolts of fire per day, create 5 bolts of lightning per day, create 5 bolts of detonation per day, create 2 Oil of Fiery Burning per day, create 1 Potion of Explosions per day, create 1 Potion of Magic Protection per day
Level 17 - create 5 bolts of fire per day, create 5 bolts of lightning per day, create 5 bolts of detonation per day, create 2 Oil of Fiery Burning per day, create 1 Potion of Explosions per day, create 1 Potion of Magic Protection per day, create 1 Potion of Magic Shielding per day

Gain 5% to open locks every level up
JuliusBorisovGrammarsalad

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I like it! I had a similar idea for a thief kit--I think I called it a 'gadgeteer'--that sacrificed thievery for the ability to create gadgets. I had something of a script concept, however, which allowed the character to 'create' items if they had enough gold, and perhaps special items. I ran out of ideas, however.