Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

There's currently a forum problem with avatars not showing in reactions.
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

WORLDACTION_BAR AND SPELLS

I don't know how many of you mages and sorcerers out there have been fed up with how primitive the spell selection process is, but I've wanted a different method for a long time. Now we have a way to make changes. I've been curious about the process of adding Ultimately, it would be nice to have a greater selection of spells available from the spell selection menu. In some of my most primitive attempts I see that you can't just add buttons whimsically. What would it take to add one additional slot in the spell selection menu?

Comments

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 9,541
    I tried to make a mod that combined innate abilities and item abilities, and separated arcane spells and divine spells to be behind two different buttons. Alas, it was not possible.

Trying to mod interface buttons is good way to straight-up waste time. They're all resolutely hard-coded.

• PeccaPecca Member Posts: 1,906
    The only way that comes to mind at this point is using "hotkey buttons" - buttons that execute a keybinded action. You can create a button with proper matching spell icon, bind a key to that spell and place the button next to the character portrait who uses the spell (you can make the button select the portrait and then execute the action). You won't see the number of spells memorized though as it's just a hotkey, but it can be useful anyway. Of course, making this technique into a fully customizable feature is a big undertaking so I'm simply waiting for the next patch to see if anything changes in this area.

mf2112Grammarsalad