Skip to content

[UI] Allow character maneuvering on the map window

carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
I say window because I'm hoping the UI will be window-driven rather than switching between different screens. Anyway, when the BG2 engine came out someone was thoughtful enough to have the location of characters update on the map in real-time with the miniature circles moving around if you had commanded them to do so. So if that, why not allow us to click and move them in the map as well, rather than having to scroll over to the location and click?

Also, internally, if the zoom feature is pretty advanced maybe the 'map' could be of the same 'class' as the normal view, merely very zoomed out and with markers toggled on.
Post edited by caruga on

Comments

• LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    Good idea!
  • ElysElys Member Posts: 100
    I would like to be able to click on the map to move too :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I support this
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    I personally don't support this one. I know it took a couple more clicks, but I liked that in the game, that not everything was so easy to do in one click. So, while I can totally understand you guys, I sincerely beg to differ here.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited June 2012
    This can already be done, in a sense, with a "triple-click": double-clicking the map closes it, centers your camera to the selected location, and clicking again sends your party there.

The proposed feature would reduce the number of clicks from 3 to 1 and not close the map window. That's nice, so I agree with the proposal.