Skip to content

Multiclassing and mods

ShadowGambitShadowGambit Member Posts: 20
edited October 2016 in General Modding
Hello all,

I have a technical question about multiclassing and mods:

When we apply a mod for a class/kits, do that affect the multiclass characters also?

And if it does, can we apply a modded kit to a multiclass with EE Keeper or any other way?

I actually like the Rogue Feats system from @subtledoctor Might_And_Guile mod, as far as I can read from it. It gives you a lot of flexibility to create your own type of rogue.

I've always been a roguish-sniper-caster type of player, so I want to try to make Rogue Archer, so the M&G system may be able to give me that without going the F/M/T route, only with the T/M route... I'm even more thrilled that Subledoctor in thinking about integrating the bards in his system, giving me the possibilities to get closer to the Sniper-bard I envisioned.

After all, as my favorite Super Hero being Gambit from the Xmen, it is suitable that my character be a roguish -charismatic-mage of some sort, throwing magic missiles, darts or dagger instead of cards (or xbow in last resort)..... and using staff.

My female super hero being Psylocke, Swashbuckler (Psychic)/Mage (illusionist? If I choose a gnome would it work?)
multi would be perfect... using Katana's and Psychic blade of course.

And to complete my Xmen Team, I would have (all multi)
- Gambit: Sniper (Thief kit)/Mage
- Psylocke: Swashbuckler/Mage
- Storm: Cleric of Talos/Mage... Lightnings and more lightnings, clouds etc.
- Colossus: Dwarven Defender/Cleric.... The definition of tank... with hammer/flail (I would have prefer him to be a Half Orc, just because that the size is more suitable for RP, but the shorty bonus is nice) and shield.
- Wolverine: Barbarian/Druid... DW Scimitars with rage and Ironskin... with a CON of 20+ for the regen, for the RP side B)

Last spot for NPC for the quests, otherwise not needed.

So anyway, how I can get my Xmen team up?

Thanks guys.

Post edited by ShadowGambit on

Comments

• AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    Actually it is possible in the v2.0 Enhanced Engine to make super kitted multiclasses that are available during character creation. I've thrown together a modding library for this here

I haven't updated the code in a while and there are several bugs I am aware of, but it does (mostly) work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ShadowGambitShadowGambit Member Posts: 20
    @Aquadrizzt

Thanks, that's awesome news... and that is going to be very cheesy :p

@subtledoctor

So if I understand well, even if I install Rogue Feats, my multiclass cannot enjoy the benefits of it. Same for dual-class AFTER they dual.

I guess that each single/multi/dual has a code of its own and not considered Class1 + Class2 put together then.

I will have to wait for you to finish the mods for Bards incorporated in the Rogue Feats before installing it then.

I the meantime, I will look around for some Psychic/Psionics mods.

Thanks a bunch guys.
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    @ShadowGambit, most dual classed characters get abilities from Class 1's and Class 2's ability tables. I believe @subtledoctor has intentionally coded his Thief Feats to only apply to single class thieves.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ShadowGambitShadowGambit Member Posts: 20
    @subtledoctor
    I will just have to wait for you to finish integrating bards in your Rogue Feats mod, so I can play a roguish cheesy charismatic caster then. ;)