Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Multiclassing and mods

ShadowGambitShadowGambit Member Posts: 20
edited October 2016 in General Modding
Hello all,

I have a technical question about multiclassing and mods:

When we apply a mod for a class/kits, do that affect the multiclass characters also?

And if it does, can we apply a modded kit to a multiclass with EE Keeper or any other way?

I actually like the Rogue Feats system from @subtledoctor Might_And_Guile mod, as far as I can read from it. It gives you a lot of flexibility to create your own type of rogue.

I've always been a roguish-sniper-caster type of player, so I want to try to make Rogue Archer, so the M&G system may be able to give me that without going the F/M/T route, only with the T/M route... I'm even more thrilled that Subledoctor in thinking about integrating the bards in his system, giving me the possibilities to get closer to the Sniper-bard I envisioned.

After all, as my favorite Super Hero being Gambit from the Xmen, it is suitable that my character be a roguish -charismatic-mage of some sort, throwing magic missiles, darts or dagger instead of cards (or xbow in last resort)..... and using staff.

My female super hero being Psylocke, Swashbuckler (Psychic)/Mage (illusionist? If I choose a gnome would it work?)
multi would be perfect... using Katana's and Psychic blade of course.

And to complete my Xmen Team, I would have (all multi)
- Gambit: Sniper (Thief kit)/Mage
- Psylocke: Swashbuckler/Mage
- Storm: Cleric of Talos/Mage... Lightnings and more lightnings, clouds etc.
- Colossus: Dwarven Defender/Cleric.... The definition of tank... with hammer/flail (I would have prefer him to be a Half Orc, just because that the size is more suitable for RP, but the shorty bonus is nice) and shield.
- Wolverine: Barbarian/Druid... DW Scimitars with rage and Ironskin... with a CON of 20+ for the regen, for the RP side B)

Last spot for NPC for the quests, otherwise not needed.

So anyway, how I can get my Xmen team up?

Thanks guys.

Post edited by ShadowGambit on

Comments

• AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 878
    Actually it is possible in the v2.0 Enhanced Engine to make super kitted multiclasses that are available during character creation. I've thrown together a modding library for this here

I haven't updated the code in a while and there are several bugs I am aware of, but it does (mostly) work.

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 9,700
    edited October 2016
    You can do most of that with EEKeeper (giving kits to multiclass characters after you create them) or my "NPC_EE" mod enabling multiclass characters to choose a kit via dialogue)

But be aware, the Might & Guile Rogue Feats are strictly for single-class thieves...

• ShadowGambitShadowGambit Member Posts: 20
    @Aquadrizzt

Thanks, that's awesome news... and that is going to be very cheesy :p

@subtledoctor

So if I understand well, even if I install Rogue Feats, my multiclass cannot enjoy the benefits of it. Same for dual-class AFTER they dual.

I guess that each single/multi/dual has a code of its own and not considered Class1 + Class2 put together then.

I will have to wait for you to finish the mods for Bards incorporated in the Rogue Feats before installing it then.

I the meantime, I will look around for some Psychic/Psionics mods.

Thanks a bunch guys.

• AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 878
    @ShadowGambit, most dual classed characters get abilities from Class 1's and Class 2's ability tables. I believe @subtledoctor has intentionally coded his Thief Feats to only apply to single class thieves.

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 9,700

So if I understand well, even if I install Rogue Feats, my multiclass cannot enjoy the benefits of it. Same for dual-class AFTER they dual.

Right. You can start with a thief (Psypher, say), gain a few levels to build up your thief skills and choose some psionic powers, and then dual-class to another class. But you cannot develop psionic skills and another class's skills at the same time.

I the meantime, I will look around for some Psychic/Psionics mods.

I'm afraid I don't know of any... and even if you could get kwiat_W's mod working, I don't know if it supports multiclasses either... :(

• ShadowGambitShadowGambit Member Posts: 20
    @subtledoctor
    I will just have to wait for you to finish integrating bards in your Rogue Feats mod, so I can play a roguish cheesy charismatic caster then. ;)