Skip to content

[MOD] Kensai Rebalancing for BG:EE and BGII:EE (v2.6)

13»

Comments

• GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    edited October 2016
    @Reddbane
    I'm eager to hear how it goes...
  • ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
    @Greener
    I'll think I'll use several Kensai during my playthrough just to see how they feel.
    I'll play as a strait to the end single class Kensai as my PC, and in Bg2 I'll turn Nalia into a Kensai-mage and Cernd into a Kensaidruid, just to compare and see how dualing affects the new revision balance vs the single classed Kensai. The changes should make playing a single class Kensai more desirable, as in the vanilla game it was very difficult to play a single class Kensai at higher levels due to their non-improving AC, so that there was no other option but to dual into something else to gain access to the AC lowering spells. Now sticking with the Kensai will reward the player with a much better AC during late game as opposed to those who dual, although dualing to a thief would still break the kit, but lore wise a Kensai would never dual into a rogue class because their techniques are dishonorable.
    @Reddbane

Unfortunately my time has been limited lately, but I did finish a playthrough of BG with this kit mod

Early on I noticed the even worse AC, thus guerrilla warfare was a must, the extra kai (1/level) helped

The two abilities I found the most useful where the immunity to fear and the attacks are treated as magic weapons.
    Bump...
  • Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
    @Greener hello, Kensai Rebalancing mod is for Mac users only? Be well and take care.
  • NoyikoNoyiko Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I'm very interested by this kit revision but I'm on windows and it looks like this file can only be installed for Mac. Can you please confirm? Thank you