Skip to content

The Legend of Grimrock

What do you think of these two oldschool-style dungeon crawlers? They are Worth getting into?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Do you enjoy first person dungeon crawlers? They fulfill that niche extremely well.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I heard they have pretty hard puzzles.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150

I heard they have pretty hard puzzles.

Um... not realli.

But some of them are timed. That's such a scumbag thing to do to a dungeon crawler; the genre's clunky movement mechanics were designed with slow-paced, turn-based, contemplative gameplay in mind.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMageThacoBell
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    They are as good at recreating the feeling of old-time blobbers like Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder as Pillars of Eternity is at doing the same for the Infinity Engine. And they are not hard to get into initially. I highly recommend them both, especially if they are on sale.
    ThacoBellGodmashedtaters
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

They are as good at recreating the feeling of old-time blobbers like Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder as Pillars of Eternity is at doing the same for the Infinity Engine.

I got both of them because someone mentioned that they were sort of similar to Dungeon Master, which I spent a great deal of time with way back when. But so far I haven't gotten around to them yet. It's almost getting embarrassing how many games I have that I've not even played yet.

• GodGod Member Posts: 1,150

They are as good at recreating the feeling of old-time blobbers like Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder as Pillars of Eternity is at doing the same for the Infinity Engine.

I agree because I didn't like PoE :smirk:
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Belanos said:

I got both of them because someone mentioned that they were sort of similar to Dungeon Master, which I spent a great deal of time with way back when. But so far I haven't gotten around to them yet. It's almost getting embarrassing how many games I have that I've not even played yet.

I have hundreds. I doubt I'll ever play 10% of them.....
    God
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Still, it is a pretty unforgiving game. It was pretty tiresome dealing with those green slimes in that secret area.
    God
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Yes! The legend of Grimlock! Leader of the mighty Dinobots! The first, and best, team of transformers!

I just love... Wait... I'll just leave quietly...
    ThacoBellShapiroKeatsDarkMage