Skip to content

Aerie is still an Ogre

MooseChangerPatMooseChangerPat Member Posts: 148
edited October 2016 in Troubleshooting
I really don't want to go through all the bother of filling out a redmine report... it just seems like way more work than I want to put into reporting this bug issue. Suffice to say, I installed BGII:EE onto my brand new laptop, no mods, no nothing, clean as a whistle and I thought, "Gee, I wonder what Legacy of Bhal mode is like?"

I turned off the extra damage in the gameplay options because I figured that might make things a little too difficult, and I've got to tell you this mode has been insanely fun! Fighting goblins with something like 80HP? Thank goodness for my spellcasters or my party would have died in Irenicus' dungeon 1st floor! Now my bug occurred when I finally got to the surface, after selling some of my gear, buying a scroll case for all those scrolls I'm holding onto for the mages I'll pick up, and after that I go rescue Aerie.

No troubles at all until I try to do the part where I give her the key. It took the key from my inventory but... nothing happened. So I talked to her, and she says "My hands, my skin, it's real again!" The whole freedom from the illusion bit... except she's still an ogre. It's not exactly the biggest glitch in the world, and I figure maybe it would right itself if I dismissed her and had her join up again, or I could go install ee keeper and change her sprite from ogre to elf.

The point is, the dispelling of the illusion animation never went of off, and she's still an ogre... even when you go into her inventory she's got the ogre sprite like if you cast the shapeshift spell on yourself. Long story short, I figured someone should probably look into Aerie's illusion not dispelling properly. I'm not even sure if it's just a Legacy of Bhal thing, because I'm not sure if there's that many people crazy enough to play the mode and recruit one of the squishiest characters in the game.
Post edited by MooseChangerPat on

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Do you have a savegame from before you talk to Aerie?
  • MooseChangerPatMooseChangerPat Member Posts: 148
    Actually... now that I think about it, I do with the autosave. When I reloaded it seemed to not run into the same problem again, but I wonder if anyone else might run into the problem if they pick the same dialogue options I did the first time or something. Perhaps it occurs if you talk to Aerie before the animation can take effect? Either way, I think we have a happy ending here.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605

Actually... now that I think about it, I do with the autosave. When I reloaded it seemed to not run into the same problem again, but I wonder if anyone else might run into the problem if they pick the same dialogue options I did the first time or something. Perhaps it occurs if you talk to Aerie before the animation can take effect? Either way, I think we have a happy ending here.

As far as i know, it happens from time to time, i already read about it but after so many playthroughs it happened to me just once.
    Anyway reloading seems to fix this issue