Skip to content

Windows 10 Custom Portrait issue... Please Help

Very frustrated... I am using a laptop with windows 10 and I cannot get custom portraits into the game.

Comments

• PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    Go to "My Documents" and look for the appropriate game folder, such as Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition. Once there look for the subfolder "Portraits." In the game, on v2.0 and higher you just scroll to the left to see custom portraits. I don't know why they decided to mix them all in with the standard portraits =/

I'm actually having a different issue with portraits in my game. They all work fine individually, but when I put more than about 8 or 10, some of them stop showing up...
  • GrundvargGrundvarg Member Posts: 10
    there is no my documents folder, only documents folder and no sub folder
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Search your C: drive for the file "Baldur.lua". The folder that file is in should have a folder called Portraits, if it doesn't, then create it.
    I searched it but no luck
    there is no Baldur.lua
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317
    If you open windows explorer you should see at the highest level "This PC". One of the sub-folders to that is "Documents". That in turn will have a sub-folder for "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition" (and BG2EE if you have that). If you don't have that sub-folder then you must have installed the game to a custom location rather than the standard one (search your whole computer for "baldur" to find where).

@Pteran for some reason the file names for portraits don't like capitals. If your file names include those then move the file to another location, change the name to lower case and copy back to the portraits file. It seems crazy I know, but that's worked multiple times for me.
    Are you playing Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale? What version are you playing?
    Baldursgate EE
    I appreciate the help guys I have never had this much trouble before
    ok I reinstalled - and a folder did not create itself in te documents
    Can you play the game? Can you save?
    yep it all works great
    How about searching for baldur.sav? If your game is saving, that's got to be somewhere. What's the version of the game? That should be on the title screen.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    edited November 2016
    @Grond0 thank you so much! I swear I tried removing all capital letters before, but it didn't work. Just went back and checked, and sure enough I had some capitalized names. Fixed it, and now they all appear in-game!

@Grundvarg Try taking a look at these:

Go to wherever your Documents folder is located. From there, locate the "Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition" folder. There should be a "Portraits" subfolder, but if not just create one.
    got it fixed tanks a lot