Skip to content

Get your Siege of Dragonspear Manuals Here!

2»

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Unless @Cerevant or @Dee have said otherwise I'd probably create a new ticket in redmine for any other errors you find in the manuals (beyond what Doubledimas has linked to I mean).
    lolienJuliusBorisovGenderNihilismGirdletmaso
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    @Doubledimas thanks! You are right, it has been reported in the second link. I didn't know redmine was used to report these too.
    Doubledimas
  • MartyMarty Member Posts: 27
    I see the early errors have been fixed, but was just curious if manual corrections are still being worked on? Have several tickets opened over a month ago regarding them, but doesn't seem to have had any updates.
    mf2112
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Marty said:

I see the early errors have been fixed, but was just curious if manual corrections are still being worked on? Have several tickets opened over a month ago regarding them, but doesn't seem to have had any updates.

There won't be any more updates to the manuals, at least not before the Collector's Edition boxes have shipped. But if you find errors, especially misinformation, definitely continue to report them.
    JuliusBorisov
  • MartyMarty Member Posts: 27
    Dee said:

Marty said:

There won't be any more updates to the manuals, at least not before the Collector's Edition boxes have shipped. But if you find errors, especially misinformation, definitely continue to report them.
    That's really too bad... There are still many mistakes in it, and we're talking things that would take minutes to fix, for tickets that have been open for more than a month. How come?
    ConjurerDragonRAM021
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    I downloaded the manuals despite having them in the Steam install of the game, but the errors are still there.
    e.g. on p. 20 Adventurer´s Guide under Inquisitor
    "Immunities. Instead of the Paladin’s normal set of immunities, the
    Cavalier is immune to only hold and charm effects."

So does that belong under the Cavalier entry despite the Cavalier already having an own immunities entry? Or should it be Inquisitor instead of Cavalier who is mentioned in that sentence?
    RAM021
    The PDFs linked from this post are out-of-date; the most up-to-date versions of the manuals will be in the game's installation directory.
    Marty said:

Dee said:

Marty said:

That's really too bad... There are still many mistakes in it, and we're talking things that would take minutes to fix, for tickets that have been open for more than a month. How come?
    The reason is because of printing; The manufacturer needs a final copy of the manual before it goes to print, and any changes to the PDF at this point may result in shifting page numbers that could screw things up for people who bought the Collector's Edition.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Dee said:

The PDFs linked from this post are out-of-date; the most up-to-date versions of the manuals will be in the game's installation directory.

Will the links in your first post be updated to the latest version?

Dee said:

Will the links in your first post be updated to the latest version?

Yep, I've updated the links to map to existing URLs on the game websites. Those files are out of date as well, but as soon as those PDFs are updated, the links will grab them.
    JuliusBorisovDoubledimaslolien
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    I have created a thread about the new manuals in the General Discussion forum, so that those of us who play other games are also aware of their existence.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    I asked a few questions about chapter 10, "High-Level abilities" in the thread I mentioned above, but looks like nobody knew the answers. I thought I'd try my luck in this thread just in case:
    1. There are three sections: Ability descriptions, 10th level spells and Quest level spells. Does it mean that 10th level spells and Quest level spells are a kind of HLA? If so, why are they separated from the rest of HLAs?
    2. Does the list of ability descriptions follow any order? At first sight the order seems random.
    3. How often can HLAs be used?
    4. Do they have a casting time?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Alonso said:

I asked a few questions about chapter 10, "High-Level abilities" in the thread I mentioned above, but looks like nobody knew the answers. I thought I'd try my luck in this thread just in case:

1. There are three sections: Ability descriptions, 10th level spells and Quest level spells. Does it mean that 10th level spells and Quest level spells are a kind of HLA? If so, why are they separated from the rest of HLAs?
    2. Does the list of ability descriptions follow any order? At first sight the order seems random.
    3. How often can HLAs be used?
    4. Do they have a casting time?
    1. Yes. They are seperated because the abilities are not like the spells, as the 10th level spells are specifically for mage/sorcerers and quest level spells specifically for cleric/druids. The only abilities that mage/sorceror are able to take are the 'extra level x spell' ability.
    2. The only order I can see is that it is Ranger, Mage/Sorceror, Warrior/Paladin, Thief, Bard, Shaman. The odd thing is that the other two section are in alphabetical order, but the abilities section is not.
    3. You can use one when you've picked it once, two if picked twice, etc etc. After using them, you have to rest to regain your charges.
    4. Abilities don't, spells do I believe.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    JuliusBorisov
  • KelvrynKelvryn Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2016
    Whats with the obstructing pictures??? all I wanted is to see that bit about experience caps. Where does siege take place. Can I import my character from Bg1>totsc>SoD>bg2>ToB (all enhanced Edition)
    edited November 2016
    Ew, gross! Looks like a Multiply effect wasn't exported properly. Is that the only page, or is it all of the illustrations in that document?

EDIT: It displays fine for me. Maybe try downloading the file and opening it with Adobe Reader?
    JuliusBorisov
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    "1358 DR The Time of Troubles begins. (...)

1368 DR The year of the iron crisis. In Marpenoth, Sarevok’s machinations are revealed and he is slain by the hero of Baldur’s Gate. Sarevok’s allies and servants in the Iron Throne are scattered."

So you're saying that CHARNAME is 10 yo?
    AndreaColombo
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    Bhaal took his chances long before the Time of Troubles ever started, he knew what would come, so he took care of it. .
    Charname's around 20.
    JuliusBorisovelminsterCrevsDaak
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Actually it is said in a letter from Gorion to CHARNAME and in the intro for BG2 that Bhaal had his fun during the Time of Troubles.

Oh well.
    GenderNihilismGirdleCrevsDaakAndreaColombo
    Shhhhhhhhhh! ;)
    PhælinGenderNihilismGirdleCrevsDaak
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 119
    The iinks are dead, is there any place where i can download those files?