Skip to content

Main Character faster

gibby290gibby290 Member Posts: 19
I recently imported my Inquisitor from BG1 EE to BG2 EE and I have a canon party (Jahiera, Iomen, Minsc) and noticed my character walks much faster than the other party members. I do not have any gear on the other characters or my main, but he is faster. Any ideas why this may be happening?

Comments

• DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    Maybe some bug? No haste effect in her portrait ? Can you show some screenshot from your inventory?
  • NightmareWraithNightmareWraith Member Posts: 77
    Are you a monk? Monks naturally have faster walk iirc
  • Enchanter255Enchanter255 Member Posts: 12

Are you a monk? Monks naturally have faster walk iirc

Monks and Barbarians get movement speed bonus, but his character is Inquisitor.

It might be good idea to use EEKeeper and see "Characteristics->Movement Speed" or "Effects".
    Skatan
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Sounds odd. Considering you don't have any effects causing Haste (to my knowledge, active boons don't transition from game to game, so even if you had haste when defeating Sarevok it should not transition to BG2), no boots of speed, no spells cast, are not a barb or monk, then the only reason left is a 'bug'.

I agree with @Enchanter255, if you have EEkeeper, look at the value for speed and compare to the others in the party.
  • gibby290gibby290 Member Posts: 19
    It is odd indeed! I don't have EEkeeper installed. I think I will download it and have a look. Thanks for the advice.
    SkatanEnchanter255
    I looked in EEKeeper, my Movement speed for charname and rest of NPCs is '0'. I am so at a loss.
    Skatan
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Could you attach a save game?
    File Attached
    Anyone had a chance to check this out?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,428
    Looks like it's quite the opposite. Everyone except the protagonist walks at a slower pace. Do you have installed the BG2 Tweaks component "Use BG Walking Speeds" by any chance?
    I do have the ease of use installed, but not the "Use BG Walking Speeds" portion.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,428
    Whatever you've installed, it added a negative movement modifier to all available NPCs (in party and outside). I don't think uninstalling the responsible component alone will solve the speed issue since the effect is stored in the saved game itself. You could try to remove it manually from each character with EE Keeper or Near Infinity. Look for effect opcode 176 (Movement rate bonus 2) and remove it.
    JuliusBorisovGate70Skatan
    That was it! A local variable!!
    Skatan