Skip to content

Mods that restore original game mechanics?

SlevenSleven Member Posts: 15
Are there any mods out there that restore original game functions, such as:
- UAI works with all removable NPC items
- Physical resistances can go past 100% (and heal you)
- Ability to dispel monster weapons when polymorphed
- etc.

...perhaps with the option to pick and choose what you restore?

The first two are pretty important to me. I need me some Chaos Blade, Jansen AdventureWear, etc. on my party thieves (like the good ole' days), but I still want to be able to enjoy other EE fixes and content.
Ravenslight

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SlevenSleven Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2016
    I'm not going to pretend I know how to navigate--let alone create functional edits--with such a program; so "quicker" would need to include the process of me learning it and the time I have available to do so. I'm genuinely surprised it hasn't happened yet when you consider the popularity of mods like Tweaks. In fact, I'm surprised it's not in Tweaks.

It looks like some version of a UAI/restore original item functionality mod was already created: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/26240/use-any-npc-item-add-on-for-use-any-item-hla/p1 ; although I had to search for it in a roundabout way. Unfortunately, it has a few "extra" bits of functionality to it (such as being able to remove Nalia's ring).

I can confirm that physical resistances have been changed to cap at 100% while elemental resistances retain their old functionality--hardiness no longer stacks either. I tested this last week using an epic level Barbarian with Roranach's Horn as a whipping post.

I noticed you didn't mention being able to edit the physical resistance cap with Near Infinity, is this one of its limitations?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Gotural
  • SlevenSleven Member Posts: 15
    There is now, or--at the very least--Beamdog changed something that prevents physical resistances from working past 100%/Immunity. The facts are cut and dry, my unmodded 2.X copy of BGEE2 is not working the same as my unmodded original BG2. If what you say is correct and physical resistances are hard-coded, it is unfortunate that we cannot revert whatever it is they changed.

Thanks for the information you've been able to provide on the matter. I'm sure I'll get around to trying my hand at these changes in Near Infinity at some point.