Skip to content

Wanted to share my char. Finally happy.

So.. after having spent years and years, never having been too happy with my char. I now finally am.. and i'm afraid there's a tiny bit of cheating in there, but it was necessary for me to be happy.

Here it is!
Name: Elnan
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Fighter/Cleric
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Cheats: Lathander Kit on Dual Class. Swapped paperdoll/sprite to Elf Cleric.

Bio:
As a young child Elnan was never afraid of conflict, verbal or by fists.
Early on it was said that he was quite a troublestarter but people around him learned over the years that he was in truth quite benevolent and righteous, it was just that he had very untraditional ways of reaching his goals.

Always did he want to become a Knight or be taken up as a squire to become a Paladin, but it was never to be.
Despite the fact that many priests could see a clear spark of divinity in the Half-Elven boy, he never possessed the discipline and respect towards tradition to ever be seriously considered by senior Knights, nor the Watchers for that matter.

This didn't stop him from training rigorously, with maces in particular, at every given chance he had.
As the years passed by and Elnan grew into a young man, he had become exceptionally skilled with his weapon of choice. So far as to beating every single guardsman in practice.

As practice with the guardsmen no longer gave him much in ways of improving even further, he took up litterature and reading, much to Gorion's relief, and found the deity known as Lathander to be close to his heart. A god who truly encompassed the good but never felt too restricting in Elnan's many unconventional thoughts.

There weren't many weeks between Elnan finding faith in Lathander and seeing his foster father get murdered by an armored fiend.
With nothing but the clothes on his back, trusty old mace and litterature on Lathander, he set out to find the one who murdered his father, with Imoen at his side.

Comments

• DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    Moved to the proper section.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    And cue restartitis!

I still haven't quite found my character that just "clicks" yet myself. I'm close, I just know I am, but I haven't found him yet. It might even turn out to be an elf, despite my previous avoiding the race almost religiously. Guess old prejudices are finally starting to go away.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    Hehe well he has been great fun so far!

Really looking forward to regaining my fighter levels and getting really high lvl as cleric.. it will make boon of lathander and righteous magic awesome combined with grand master in mace for the entire saga.

I will be avoiding FoA and Crom and use weapons like mace, Morningstar etc instead.. my character isnt very minmaxed in stats either, so no munchkin build this time.

I guess as my chars have become increasingly minmaxed and OP over the years, the more I have restarted
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it! Power isn't everything. I've rolled 100 on my ability scores twice (Cavalier and Undead Hunter), but never finished either game. I'm now playing an elven blackguard (I, too, delved into EE Keeper) with somewhat modest stats (Str 15, Dex 19, Con 16) and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm really trying to get over my obsession with 2-handed swords for Paladins/Blackguards and I'm going to try to dual wield long swords. So far so good - I just hope I don't waver when I come across the great 2-handers in BG 2 (if I make it that far without a bout of restartitis).
    I think I've beaten my obsession about swords as well. I have never, not once, played through with a bhaalspawn who used anything but bladed weaponry.. and this is a recurring thing for me in every game i play.

But.. I am actually enjoying blunts. I've found something curiously enjoyable about imagining making someones skull go splat.
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    Yes, forsake the cursed, common sword. Come to the blunt side. We make great salsa.
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    edited November 2016
    I like to dual-wield sharp + blunt. slash *crunch*

Good luck with you character. I think I have found my special character too. A plain bard, which I always thought of as lame until recently. But I also cheated to make him a dwarf. Bard give some good role-playing value and it's fun to solve some of the quests using a nice pick-pocket.
    I have been defeated by restartitis again :dizzy:

But i am keeping the same char, but i am using eekeeper to give my char UAI and then use greatswords haha.. i dunno whats wrong with me, but i just cant deal with not using swords :neutral:
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    You tried. That is all one can do. :)
    Restartitis is one of the greatest enemies for game players, only RNG ranks above it.
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on