Skip to content

Can't Get Phossey Dugdeep Barrels or Poison Quest

KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104
I've arrived at the coalition camp and have gotten the quest to investigate the castle basement. However, I am unable to get the Barrel of Bwoosh and Poison quests. Whenever I try to talk to Phossey, I just get a message saying that she has nothing to say to me, and Tor Lancie doesn't give me anything new either.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Certainly not a universal issue, since it works fine for me.

In your case, has de Lancie moved to stand near Phossey, or is he still in the command tent?
  • KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104

Certainly not a universal issue, since it works fine for me.

In your case, has de Lancie moved to stand near Phossey, or is he still in the command tent?

He's standing by Phossey toward the Northern end of the map. I had the initial conversation with the coalition leaders when they were all by the command tent, and then de Lancie moved there afterward.

The only thing I can think of that was wonkey was that I solved the Malden Col traitor quest before I ever had the conversation at the command tent. I don't know whether de Lancie is involved in that or not, but that's the only thing I can think of that might have contributed to the problem.

If I can't find a way to fix it, are there ways I could start the poison and bwoosh quests with the console?
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    edited November 2016
    I don't know if it'll help at all, but I know I visited elsewhere and then came back before they nabbed me and made me talk to de Lancie and gave me the barrel et al.

Maybe there's an external trigger like having come and gone from camp x number of times?
    Gallenger said:

Maybe there's an external trigger like having come and gone from camp x number of times?

I don't think that's the answer, since I've had it work correctly multiple times, even when I haven't yet left the Camp since first arriving. However, of course that doesn't preclude the possibility of some trigger condition other than leaving the Camp.
    Kogorn said:

He's standing by Phossey toward the Northern end of the map. I had the initial conversation with the coalition leaders when they were all by the command tent, and then de Lancie moved there afterward.

Okay, that's all as it should be.
    Kogorn said:

The only thing I can think of that was wonkey was that I solved the Malden Col traitor quest before I ever had the conversation at the command tent.

No, I don't think that's it, since in one of my runs I solved the Malden Col quest first and the meeting with the commanders (and then Phossey) still worked correctly afterwards.

I've also found the meeting with Phossey working correctly after solving Vigilant Halasan's quest, Simonetta Twoedged's quest, and the first part (i.e. the in-Camp part) of Dosia's quest.

I confess myself mystified, @Kogorn. I suggest attaching your savegames immediately before the meeting with the commanders, and also after that meeting when standing near Phossey and de Lancie, and then summoning @Gate70 from the dev team to come look at it - he's an expert at looking at the game variables and figuring out what's gone wrong.

Gallenger said:

I don't think that's the answer, since I've had it work correctly multiple times, even when I haven't yet left the Camp since first arriving. However, of course that doesn't preclude the possibility of some trigger condition other than leaving the Camp.
    Kogorn said:

Okay, that's all as it should be.
    Kogorn said:

The only thing I can think of that was wonkey was that I solved the Malden Col traitor quest before I ever had the conversation at the command tent.

No, I don't think that's it, since in one of my runs I solved the Malden Col quest first and the meeting with the commanders (and then Phossey) still worked correctly afterwards.

I've also found the meeting with Phossey working correctly after solving Vigilant Halasan's quest, Simonetta Twoedged's quest, and the first part (i.e. the in-Camp part) of Dosia's quest.

I confess myself mystified, @Kogorn. I suggest attaching your savegames immediately before the meeting with the commanders, and also after that meeting when standing near Phossey and de Lancie, and then summoning @Gate70 from the dev team to come look at it - he's an expert at looking at the game variables and figuring out what's gone wrong.
    I unfortunately don't have a save game from before that time, but I will attach my current one standing nearby and hope for the best. Thanks!
    @Gallowglass How do I attach a save btw? Sorry for the noob question :P
    Kogorn said:

@Gallowglass How do I attach a save btw? Sorry for the noob question :P

Don't worry, we're all new to anything when we first do it!

Zip the subdirectory containing the particular savegame, and then use the attach file option in the icon-bar of the "Leave a Comment" box to attach the .zip file to your message.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Give me a namedrop when you do.

In the meantime
    a) are Torsin and Phossey stood within sight of each other - he won't talk until he sees her
    b) if you have the console enabled, what value does this command return
    C:GetGlobal("bd_explosives_plot","global")

A result of 1-4 should see him talk. 0 means the earlier dialogue had issues, 5 or higher indicates the required dialogue was already started and may have bombed out for some reason.

if the global isn't 1-4, you could try setting it e.g. via
    C:SetGlobal("bd_explosives_plot","global",1)
    JuliusBorisovGallowglass