Skip to content

Does poor intermet cause Game crash/slowness?

i am working a contract job for the money in Saudi Arabia. When I do get to a pause with internet it is weak lame internet.

Siege stutters a lot and crashes on movies and map moves. is it better to just try and turn off my wifi amd plsy without internet?

why does it crash and stutter so much and carsh on the exact same laptop that eorkex fine in the America....?

Comments

• GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    edited November 2016
    If you're not trying to play online it could be any number of things I'll just throw out suggestions.

1. If you're playing on steam, with steam on, and your internet is constantly dropping and reconnecting steam's constant reconnecting may cause your computer to slow down. This applies to other services too of course.

2. You've picked up some adware/malware somewhere that's eating up CPU/RAM

3. You have some sort of hardware issue - it could also be that your power converter (not familiar with outlets in Saudi Arabia, but I assume they're different) may be giving your hardware trouble. I would check your CPU/GPU temperatures and see if they're significantly above normal. If you work with the laptop outdoors it may very well be getting dust in it (again not too sure about Saudi Arabia, but I worked on several lap tops that'd found their way to nearby Dubai and they were absolutely jam-packed with dust and were overheating).

4. The game could have corrupt files in it somewhere (if you're playing a vanilla install steam can verify the integrity of the game cache by right clicking on the game and selecting properties and hitting the button to verify).

5. Bad mod interaction?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    turning off weather effects tends to fix the lag of the tutorial dungeon. may also want to turn steam overlay off as well that seems to make it slow down less.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Try exiting your Steam client and playing directly from the SiegeOfDragonspear.exe.