Skip to content

[SPOILERS] "Pritchard"

After talking with Glint, talking to Pritchard gives me an option to take him to Belegarm the quartermaster, but it looks like a dead-end in this quest line.
I thought taking him somewhere quiet through this dialogue and beating him senseless wouldn't give me -2 reputation, but I'm proven wrong (still gives me that -2 reputation)
What's this option for?

Comments

• EscarcheEscarche Member Posts: 61
    What, taking him to Belegarm? I think this line is only to make him fall into a trap
  • fantasmafantasma Member Posts: 35
    Escarche said:

What, taking him to Belegarm? I think this line is only to make him fall into a trap
    That's what I figured, but apparently when I tried this line it didn't get me anywhere. Wondering if anyone else found an alternative route rather than punching him in broad daylight.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited April 2016
    Same problem here. It's very annoying really!!
    I found 2 seemingly good places without anyone around, I still get the reputation drop. I had more reload for this quest more than my current run x10! It's too hard that it destroys immersion. Like surely there's a place in camp where I can beat him up without anyone seeing me do it, or maybe just a little outside the camp whatever! But it shouldn't have been difficult to find. Where exactly is the right place?

Bah I'll just kill him, f*ck the rep drop, 2 hours for a freakin simple quest
  • fantasmafantasma Member Posts: 35
    Yeah I just beat the crap out of him per request of his nephew
  • EscarcheEscarche Member Posts: 61
    I don't think you can really evade reputation drop, because beating some guy to make him leave the army is just not the right thing to do, even with noble intentions. I'm sure you can somehow live without these two points :)
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited April 2016
    But this quest seemed like a no-brainer...yet it managed to become the hardest quest in all BG series, nay, in any game I've ever played. I wouldn't have mind at all if it was a "puzzle" that I can't solve, but it appeared very straightforward. Now. He'll die.

@Escarche
    That's unfortunate, because having the option to persuade him to follow you somewhere else where no one can see the beating is like the game telling me that with that route there'd be no rep drop. Now there's no difference between beating him in front of everyone and that :( Very frustrating for completionists
    Post edited by Illustair on
  • G1megatronG1megatron Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2016
    If you cast silence on him, he won't be able to shout for help. Then you can beat him to half an inch within his life, let the spell wear off and he'll say he'll leave after his conversation with Glint.

(Edit, this option no longer works.)
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Take the REP drop. There are other quests in the Coalition Camp by which you can regain the REP.

If you're going in with max REP and want to get back to it after, then just make sure you do the -REP quest first, then do the +REP ones afterwards.

However, it's not obligatory to force Pritchard out of the Camp. Instead, you can grass up the guys who are complaining about him, and (IIRC) that will also close the quest, although (again IIRC) this method is less advantageous in xp and loot.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You can also notify his commanding officer that people want him dead and or gone. No rep drop.