Skip to content

Choosing components in WeiDU

EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
Hi. Is it possible to choose components using WeiDU? What i mean is that i have mod, in which only half of components are translated. So after chosing language i would like to have a choice: install all components (like normally) or install only those translated (f.i. @1, @5, @18, @23 etc). How to do this? Now i have to choose option "ask about each component" and skip those not translated, but i want to automate this process.

Comments

• yowaveyowave Member Posts: 67
    You can create a batch file for each language, each batch file will install the components you choose based on language.

For example:
    SETUP-ascension.exe --language 0 --force-install-list 0 1 2 3 4 5 103 104 105 999

Will install ascension using English .tra, and forcefully install components: 0,1,2,3,4,5,103,104,105,999
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited November 2016
    But can batch files be used in BWS? I want to add this partial translation as an patch to BWS, which from what i know, always use weidu files.
  • yowaveyowave Member Posts: 67
    I guess that you can use something called SUBCOMPONENT to group the translated content.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    edited December 2016
    BWS doesn't care about ASK_EVERY_COMPONENT or GROUP - BWS always uses WeiDU's --force-install or --force-install-list parameter, based on what components were selected by the user through the GUI.

BWS deals with situations where some
    mods or components should be hidden from the user through "purge" rules defined in BWS' Game.ini file for the respective game type (eg BWS/Config/BG2EE/Game.ini). So-called purge rules say that component X or mod Y depends on language Z and should be hidden otherwise.
    yowave