Skip to content

game freezes graphical i think

Steam install.
Device Model (if applicable): hp mini 110-3000
Operating System: windows 7 starter
CPU: intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N450 @ 1.66GHz 1.67 GHz
GPU: it took me 20 minutes just to figure out how to start a new thread sorry i don't know what this is. Latenat!
System RAM 1.00 GB
graphics card: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150

ok so the quest is as follows: game freezes as soon as imonen tries to talk to me for the first time in chateau irinicus. it doesn't crash but it just stops at that spot and i have to control alt delete to get out of the game. while making a character when i choose the portrait they appear at a bunch of horizontal lines. this is possible when i use alternative rendering. if i do not use alternative rendering the game crashes after i choose the gender.
i was playing with a pirated version the ee gog priates bay version and two retail versions one i bought like a decade ago the other bought a few years ago both not ee. all ran smooth. i get screwed for doing the right thing haha hem :(.
cantrips such as the following have not turned any positive results:
reinstalling baldur's gate 2,
reinstalling openAL,
reinstalling visual studio redistributable 2008,
reinstalling microsoft .net 3.5,
downloading and installing the latest graphics card driver(though if someone wants to link a driver perhaps i havnt downloaded the proper one i dont know).
installed direct x 9 i think it was 9 to run along 11
need priest to remove graphics curse. thank you in advance im looking forward to learning to mod and have fun with everyone.

Comments

• TerrytailsTerrytails Member Posts: 12
    very odd i on a whim decided to try and import one of the pregenerated characters abdel and i successfully started a game. so i quit and doing that seemed to fix the problem i can now start a game and choose a portrait with no problems.