Skip to content

Rhino Beetle in Forest of Wyrms

Hello! I am playing a solo Cavalier at LoB difficulty at the moment and read about the Rhino Beetle Armor.

Problem is: The Rhino Beetle isnt spawning in the Spider Cave. I moved over the given coordinates endless times but nothing happens. What am i doing wrong? Or is it just a bug?

Thanks for your help! :)

P.S. The spiders are all dead!

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The Rhino Beetle spawns on a timer. He should appear if you loiter for awhile.
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    I did further tests. Even with a group of six and standing on the given area for several minutes will not trigger the Rhino Beetle. Damn!

Anyone else can help me?
  • sibakruomsibakruom Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2016
    Did you disarm the web trap that's in the same room? For me it seems the two were related, because I could easily trigger the Rhino spawn by just walking around in this room after triggering the trap but never managed to trigger the Rhino spawn after disarming the trap.

Edit: Scratch that, I just read that you played as a solo Cavalier so you're unlikely to have disarmed the trap. I've got not idea otherwise.
    Yeah, the Web trap triggered but no Rhino Beetle afterwards.

Loaded an old save game - the same problem... :(
    Thats weird, it has always spawned after a couple minutes of entering the cave for me. Have you looted all the spider eggs?
    Yes, i looted everything from the cave. Very strange...
    Hmmm that sounds like a bug to me. I would ask a mod about it.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    I looted 5 or six spider eggs, then it suddenly spawned.

Where can I deliver the shell for the suit of armor, is it the same dwarf that made the dragon scale armor?
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Yamcha said:

Where can I deliver the shell for the suit of armor, is it the same dwarf that made the dragon scale armor?

Yes.