Skip to content

A way to add DB assault?

XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
edited June 2016 in BG:EE Mods
Does anyone know if there is a way to add the deathbringer assault effect to a chr file with a hex editor easily on android? I don't have access to a PC for now, and would just like to screw around on bgee. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Ive been trying and no luck...
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    The Deathbringer assault is SAREV.eff if I recall correctly. To give this to a creature, you need to add a new effect. Problem is, you need to fill the bytes. You also need to update offsets and effects number. Not really something you do comfortably with an hex editor.
    Easiest way would be to edit your .chr file with NI on a compatible platform and then transfer it somehow into your android hardware.
  • XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
    @Abel @brunardo Hey, found the effect... It is called SAREVEFF.eff, and i duplicated most of it, but increased the power and decreased the frequency of the effect for an npc i am making. Thanks!
    mf2112
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    could you give it ez pz via shadowkeeper if you are on pc?
  • XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
    Nope, sorry, @Arthas. You'll have to do that yourself.
    Arthas
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Thanks @Abel and @Xzanah playing on PC so will try to figure it out on EEkeeper as well but great stuff!
  • Kai50Kai50 Member Posts: 59
    is there a way to edit the frequency with which deathbringer occurs on sarevok on ee keeper? I would like to up it from 3% to like 15% or something but I cant work out how to do it.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    If the effect file already exist, I believe all you have to do would be edit your character with EEKeeper, and add him a permanent effect called "use eff file" and select the appropriate resource, in our case SAREVEFF.eff
    This should work.

@Kai50 You would need Near Infinity to do that. But it's very simple really, just a number to change, and the HUD is rather intuitive for such minor changes.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    If the effect file already exist, I believe all you have to do would be edit your character with EEKeeper, and add him a permanent effect called "use eff file" and select the appropriate resource, in our case SAREVEFF.eff
    This should work.

@Kai50 You would need Near Infinity to do that. But it's very simple really, just a number to change, and the GUI is rather intuitive for such minor changes.
    Xzanah
  • Kai50Kai50 Member Posts: 59
    thanks. I have downloaded near infinity but have no idea how to use it xD I am not very tech savvy. EE keeper is for the most part fairly self explanatory but this looks a little more complex.
    Arunsun said:

This should work.

@Kai50 You would need Near Infinity to do that. But it's very simple really, just a number to change, and the GUI is rather intuitive for such minor changes.

thanks. I have downloaded near infinity but have no idea how to use it xD I am not very tech savvy. EE keeper is for the most part fairly self explanatory but this looks a little more complex.