Skip to content

Anyone ever seen a problem with BG2 never initiating the Druid Grove duel?

Serg64Serg64 Member Posts: 6
My game seems to just make the UI disappear and shows everyone just standing there no matter if I tell Cernd to fight it when meeting him outside the cave. Or telling Faldorn the Jahiera will fight her inside the cave.

Everyone just stands there, sounds are still happening. Graphics are still going, even spells start wearing off. But the scene with Faldorn inside the fighting ring with one of the druids never starts.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi
    Could you advise what platform (PC, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS) and game version you have, and also zip & attach a save before the encounter.
    Thanks
  • Serg64Serg64 Member Posts: 6
    My Platform is PC and game version is 2.2.66.0

I've attached a zip of my 2 saves that have this problem. One is in front of Cernd where I can ask him to confront Feldorn. Other one is in front of the cave where she awaits the challenge of Jahiera.
    edited May 2016
    Both saves work for me - save attached after Cernd (Jaheira failed).

Edit - easy one first. Does pressing the H key do anything?

Do you have any mods installed
    Could you attach a dxdiag report
    • Windows/R
    • Type dxdiag and click ok
    • Let the diagnostics complete, will take about 20 seconds or so
    • Click save all information
    • Attach the file here
    Probably also worth verifying your install (method will vary depending if Beamdog/Steam/GOG), please advise which store if you require help on that.

Thanks
    H button does not seem to do anything. I've attached DxDiag.txt and Verifying Integrity of Game cache on Steam did not seem to do anything.

Thanks for the save that bypassed the problem, will keep on playing with that.
    edited May 2016
    With the game closed could you try unzipping the attached file to your override folder, which should be something like
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\override

Then launch the game and see if it works for Jaheira.
    Thanks
    Post edited by Gate70 on
    Followed the directions, did not seem to help with Jahira's challenge :(
    Thanks, will have a think about this. You might as well remove that file from your override.
    Damn... now having the same problem after last talk with Aran Linvail before heading off to Spellhold island. Camera just moves slightly to the side and the rest of the behavior is the same as before.

Worked fine for me again, later save attached.

Could you try installing DirectX 9 runtime from the link below (can be installed alongside later versions)
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Thanks
    Didn't seem to help. Actually I had to activate Alternate Renderer to even make the game user DirectX 9.0c instead of OpenGL. Anyway, doing that and restarting game and even restarting computer didn't seem to help.

Will continue on with your Chapter 4 save, but annoying issue :( Hope I won't see it anymore. There are definitely some cut-scenes that work fine so I don't know what's the problem with this one and the druid one.
  • DaPortlyJesterDaPortlyJester Member Posts: 1
    Have the same issue at the Druids Grove. Jump to cutscene and just pauses. Tried with both DirectX and OpenGL.

Photo and zip attached below.

Steam
    Direct X 9 & OpenGL
    Version 2.3.67

Thumbnail of Druids Grove Frozen
    Zipped Save
    Save attached. Please have a look through the below and advise if any make a difference.

Does switching from or to Full Screen beforehand make any difference (Alt/Enter in-game).
    Do/did you have any mods installed during your playthrough.
    If you have any auto-pause options enabled, does turning them off help.
    If you have Party AI enabled, does turning it off help (A key).
    Are you playing at normal game speed, 30 frames per second.
    What other software is running at the same time (e.g. browser, security suite, etc.)
    JuliusBorisov
  • fezekfezek Member Posts: 7
    Me too; Faldorn doesn't wanna play ball.
  • fezekfezek Member Posts: 7
    Any help would be gratefully accepted . Thanks anyone!