Skip to content

[MOD] Lefreut's enhanced UI (for BG1EE, SoD, BG2EE and EET)

Comments

• switchzaswitchza Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2016
    lefreut said:

switchza said:

Awesome! Excited for v1.0

I've picked up what seems to be a bug which crept in between 0.7 and 0.9 where using the portrait selector for existing characters (via customize -> appearance) no longer automatically rescales custom 210x330 portraits down for the sidebar. Instead there the blank questionmark in the sidebar.

I tested this by removing override folder, loading game and using default portrait picker, which successfully sets all sizes of the custom portrait. I can even t hen re-apply the UI mod and it continues to work. Odd!

Does it happen with any portrait ? I can't reproduce it here.
    It happens with any custom portrait I have in the mydocs\bg2ee\portraits folder which has only the one size available. Portraits which include filenameL, filenameM and filenameS seem to work fine
    lefreut said:

switchza said:

2. The vanilla bam icons for certain spells are really blurry and don't look good. Maybe it's my setup? Is there some way to revert back to EE icons?

It's a problem when UI scaling is on. Honestly, the EE icons does not look very good either.

You can delete all spells bams (SPPRXXX.bam and SPWIXXX.bam) to revert to EE icons but you won't be able to differentiate used spells because I remove the ugly greyscale effect to instead use semi-transparent icons (like in vanilla). And the image for that is embedded in the new bams.
    I need UI scaling as I use a 1440p monitor. EE icons don't look good, but are much clearer and more distinguishable with this setup. Thanks for the tips though. I'll try find a way to work around it.

Edit: "LeUI" gets my vote!

• RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    I vote for using Lefreut to begin the name, whatever else you call it. There are so many tweaks by different people, and more will come. It get’s confusing what tweak I saw where as well as which mod people are referring to when talking about them. A name associated with the mod helps to keep them straight in my mind.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Lefreut's RebUIld
    Lefreut's UI Beautification
    Lefreut's UI Extraordinaire
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    switchza
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    LeUI Leu-I
    Whoa-oh
    We gotta go now...
    AncientCowboyKilivitzCrevsDaak
  • switchzaswitchza Member Posts: 15
    lefreut said:

Can you attach one of these portraits to see if I can reproduce ? I try with one of my custom portrait that also only have one size and it works fine.

I experimented further after noticing that some custom portraits were resizing fine. I think it was something to do with my naming. After renaming all my custom portraits to a simple scheme like male1L, male2L, female1L etc, they are all working okay now.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Wonderful! Thank you again for all of your hard work. :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • AncientCowboyAncientCowboy Member Posts: 199
    Excellent! Great job - thanks for all your effort.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ElfenixElfenix Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2016
    Hi lefreut, again amazing works as always!
    I'm in the middle of my run and as I already told you, I would'nt even start it without your mod. It really fixes what was broken for me. Thanks a lot!
    I have upgraded to the 0.9 without any trouble but I met a little bug with the mage spellbook in the final version :
    I got an empty bar on the bottom of the book (better look at the screenshot below)
    It's absolutely not problematic anyway.

JuliusBorisov
    edited November 2019
    ElfenixJuliusBorisov
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    @lefreut Will you add your mod to BWS?
    edited November 2019
    @lefreut you need to fill template as described in this thread: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58006-big-world-setup-mod-request-template/
    Ask for request if you will need help.
  • ElfenixElfenix Member Posts: 13
    Aaaaand it's fixed, thanks lefreut! Looks perfect now!
    edited November 2019
    RavenslightswitchzaJuliusBorisov
    edited December 2016
    @lefreut. Thanks for update.
    Post edited by Etamin on
  • MiloMilo Member Posts: 59
    Decided to give the EEs another shot over the holidays (while doing my best to cope with the inventory lag) and installed this mod (BG EE w/o SoD).

I really like it but the game becomes unresponsive if I choose a custom portrait. The only other mods I'm using are tweaks anthology and item randomiser.

Am I missing something really obvious?
    edited November 2019
    Won't be at the computer for another ~6 hours or so to check the cmd prompt thing, but I only had one custom portrait in the folder at the time I tested it. When it crashed, I swapped that one out and tried 3-4 more with the same result.
  • ShalashaskkaShalashaskka Member Posts: 3
    Milo said:

I really like it but the game becomes unresponsive if I choose a custom portrait.

I have the exact same issue and this is the only mod that I'm using. I've tried it with a number of different custom portraits and each time, it results in a crash.
    edited November 2019
    Happens when the custom portrait is selected in character creation. Choose portrait, hit done, game stops responding.

Same thing on BG1EE and SoD. Haven't tried BG2EE.
    Beamdog version(s).
    Windows 7.
  • ShalashaskkaShalashaskka Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2016
    Milo said:

Happens when the custom portrait is selected in character creation. Choose portrait, hit done, game stops responding.

Same with me. Steam version, Windows 10 on my end, though.

Same thing happens in BG1EE and BG2EE.
    Post edited by Shalashaskka on
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    lefreut said:

v0.4 is out :)

This week update only contains tweaks to some minor screens (map note, item abilities, journal popup, import, pick party, ...).

Some preview:

Download in the first post ;)
    Oh my God, you fixed the colors. I'm definitely going to consider this when I get back to playing again.

One question though, is it possible to only use a portion of this UI mod, or is it all or nothing? Because I actually like some of the changes that Mr2150 made to my journal but I probably want everything else.

And I am also looking forward to BGEE as well. Fingers crossed for a non-SOD version :)
    edited November 2019
    edited December 2016
    @lefreut Great thanks. Depending on how much is on EEUITweaks as well, I may have to resort to manual editing in order to get things like the character picker and level progress bar back again. Unless I could install EEUITweaks over your mod... hmm... that would probably break something.

Oh, and I didn't realize it was already BGEE compatible, that's even better. I guess I got confused since all the pictures seemed to be BG2EE. Also, I don't know if @AncientCowboy just hasn't updated the EEUITweaks page yet, but it looks like several of the screen changes from this one aren't marked as BGEE compatible.
    edited November 2019
    That's fine with me. I like the BG2EE skin best anyway. But the new Records screen, for example, isn't marked as compatible with BGEE on the EEUITweaks mod. Is that an error?

And I figured installing UITweaks over your mod would break things, but I've manually edited my UI menu before so I can probably figure it out again.
  • AncientCowboyAncientCowboy Member Posts: 199
    @lefreut is absolutely correct. I haven't had an opportunity (meaning time) to update EEUITweaks to handle LeUI - so don't use EEUITweaks with LeUI yet. There will be 4 configurations (LeUI installed on BG1EE, BG1EE-SoD, BG2EE, and EET) that will have to be dealt with (testing, conflicts identified, and rules written). I'm hoping to squeeze a few contiguous hours in this weekend between family and business obligations to work on 'fun stuff' (EEUITweaks) - but at this time of year, my time is not my own...:smile: